Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katlynn719

2013 Favorites

katlynn719
10 years ago

Hello everyone-
Another rainy day here, so I decided to go through my photos from last year and share some of my favorites from 2013. Spring is in the air here, but I haven't seen any scapes yet. I'm getting anxious!

AARON'S LITTLE WHOPPER - scapes like tree trunks
{{gwi:677706}}From DayliliesA-C

BIG KISS
{{gwi:677707}}From DayliliesA-C

FANCY FACE
{{gwi:677708}}From DayliliesD-K

INDY AWESOME STUFF
{{gwi:677710}}From DayliliesD-K

JULIE NEWMAR
{{gwi:677712}}From DayliliesD-K

KINDLY LIGHT, TANGERINE HORSES, SPIDER MAN
{{gwi:677713}}From FlowerBeds

ORANGE VELVET
{{gwi:677715}}From DayliliesL-P

RENEGADE LADY
{{gwi:677717}}From FlowerBeds

SCREEN PATTERN
{{gwi:677718}}From DayliliesR-S

Froggie Fascination with my #1 Garden Helper
{{gwi:677719}}From FlowerBeds

STELLA'S RUFFLED FINGERS with my #2 Garden Helper
{{gwi:677720}}From DayliliesR-S

TRAHLYTA
{{gwi:677721}}From DayliliesT-Z

TULLY MARS - my most photographed daylily last year
{{gwi:677722}}From DayliliesT-Z

ELLY LAUNIUS and ZONA ROSA with Lollipop Lillies
{{gwi:677723}}From FlowerBeds

Kathy

Comments (8)

• SusieQsie_Fla
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi Kathy
    Thanks so much for these gorgeous pictures!

I had been looking for some shots of daylily gardens so I could plan mine, and yours are so amazing. And so much the better since you are in Florida, too!

And your garden helpers make your flowers even more delightful.

Thanks again,
    Susie

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

What a welcome thread! The clarity of your photos is amazing, especially in Julie Newmar (best photo of that daylily I've ever seen) and Tully Mars. I can understand why that one was photographed so much! Love the photo of your curly-headed garden helper with the frog. I could use a helper like that around here.

Chris

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

Thanks for the beautiful eye candy! Still lots of snow here so these were a welcome sight. I did buy JN last summer so am looking forward to seeing it bloom. I really like Tully Mars, the colors are so nice. Marg

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

It is great to see some color after this snowy winter we are having here in the north. The pics of the "curly" garden helpers is so cute.
    You must be getting ready for 2014 bloom season, yes? I'm starving for flower pics that are not white LOL. I've been busy with sewing/embroidery projects just so I can have some color to work with ;-)

Julia

• katlynn719
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi everyone! I’m glad you enjoyed the pics. I’ve been busy getting the yard ready for bloom season. I’ve mulched all the flower beds, replanted some flower pots, added a few annuals and I’ll start fertilizing next week. It’s been a long, cold winter (even down here) and I can’t wait to see some blooms. I haven’t added any new daylilies the last few years. But I do have some new seedlings that should bloom for the first time this Spring.

Susie, Planning your new garden will be lots of fun! Be sure to let us know how things turn out and post lots of pics of your progress. I am always looking for new ideas. My garden helpers (my grandson and dog) are always eagerly awaiting new projects. There is nothing they’d rather do than spend the day outside in the garden.

Chris, TULLY MARS is one of those daylilies that looks pretty all day long. It fades a little, but not much due to its very thick substance. I’m really enjoying that one. My grandson was thrilled with that little frog. He found it all by himself and called me over to show if off. I wish I could’ve captured his expression, but I wasn’t able to get his face and the frog in the same picture. His joy makes all the work worthwhile.

Marg, I’m glad you enjoyed the pics. My blooms are going to be a little delayed this year, due to the weather. I’m just glad to be able to get outside and putter around in the garden. It’s been a loooong winter for me, so I feel for all of you up north.

Julie, I don’t expect any daylilies to bloom for another month (at least). But the azaleas are starting to show bits of color. The camellias weren’t very pretty this year - the blooms got nipped in a late frost. I planted a few veggies in pots to tide me over for the next month. They give me something to dote over until the main show. Enjoy your sewing projects because Spring is around the corner!

Kathy

• shive
    10 years ago

Kathy - My favorite of your daylilies are Screen Pattern and Tully Mars. Such wonderful patterned eyes! Both of your garden helpers are adorable. I love your grandson's hair - such glorious blond ringlets!

Debra

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

An enjoyable combo of clusters of blooms, close-ups, and garden clumps! (Not to mention your accomplices.) Really gives us a garden experience rather than a catalog experience.

• katlynn719
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Debra - I'm hoping I can get some patterned eyes in my seedlings. We'll see what shows up this year. My grandson is so much fun in the garden. He wants to pick every flower he sees....weeds, daylilies...he doesn't care. They are all treasures to him.

mantis, So glad you enjoyed my garden! We are having another rainy day. I'm telling myself it's good for the garden, but I was hoping to plant some more annuals today. Maybe I'll get my chance later this afternoon.

Kathy

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?