Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spring (?) Blooms

Posted by organic_kitten 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 19:40

The weather here has been up and down like a yo-yo. One week, weeding and working in the garden, the next week, the temps drop way below average (here that is 50s), and the daylilies can't decide what to do.

Anyway, I will attempt to upload some photos from the new photobucket and we'll see how it goes.

To start with, the silly tulip tree keeps blooming and then getting bitten by frost:

photo IMG_7039_zps039aa47d.jpg

photo a8739076-6a84-444e-8e2b-6c4852d3610f_zps51fecc23.jpg

Some of the daffs started blooming in late January:

photo IMG_7049-Copy2_zps05434f65.jpg

And others are just now blooming:

photo 2a2df6e6-2fc8-4eab-885e-304fc51213ec_zps2d0b5ab2.jpg

photo IMG_7053_zpsf70bf488.jpg

and the yellow part of this one and its friends, will eventually be pink:

photo IMG_7058-1_zps9f59cde1.jpg

The pink tulips have been blooming for a while, but I am just beginning to see some of the others:

photo 43c9a22e-43b6-4060-b26c-66b3bb11a15e_zpsa7417f26.jpg

photo IMG_6979-Copy_zpsed784305.jpg

photo IMG_7043-1_zps88d7be76.jpg

And, the pansies have been pretty all winter:

photo IMG_7040-1_zpsc193bafc.jpg

The bridal wreath has put on buds and been bitten at least twice...it will be much less than lovely this spring; you can see the blackened bits and the little buds (which were blackened this week:(

photo IMG_7046-1_zps8449d5ff.jpg

Well, there's some of the blooms in this silly yo-yo "winter', Julia and Jean.
kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spring (?) Blooms

Thank you for the tour Kay,I injoyed it very much.You have more blooming, then I do.I have nothing that resembles a flower yet, well, just one daffodil blooming.Firdt one I have seen around here in a few years.Use to haave daffs blooming every where, but they slowly disappeared over the years.

jean

o

You know, I keep hearing about Tulip trees but I don't think I've ever seen one before. Thank you for posting your pics!

o

Thanks Kay. I needed some spring bulb pics :-). I have a tulip or what I call the Jane Magnolia tree (more like a bush) here. It happens here too. Starts to put on buds, begins to open and then gets zapped by a cold night. The blooms are so pretty though when you can get them to open all the way.

Love the pink tulips. I planted a lot of those last fall along with reds, yellows and I think some purple. And of course I really like those double daffs. I have a few of those too. NICE!

BTW, I'll take 50's. We have been in the 20's for the past few days with lake effect snow. :-(.

Hubby had hip surgery so not much time to read the forums lately.

Julia

o

Here's what our new Jane Magnolia (planted a year ago) looked like yesterday. We have another one in the front yard that is mostly leafed out and finished with its first round of blooms now. Great little trees.

Nate

o

Lovely pictures. Nothing better than to see those daffs in the spring. I have several weeks yet before I see any bloom other than crocus. Your tulips are lovely also. Thanks for posting.

Cindy

o

Been cold here also but your garden looks great to me. Hurray for spring bloom.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here