Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mchalebrent

Need help trying to name these daylilies

McHaleBrent
11 years ago

These are some of the daylilies I have. They were all given to me or bought many years ago. I have no idea what the names are?

Comments (22)

• McHaleBrent
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Another

• McHaleBrent
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Another

• McHaleBrent
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Another

• McHaleBrent
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Another

• McHaleBrent
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Another

• McHaleBrent
    Original Author
    11 years ago

And the last one. It's my first time posting and I don't know how to post multiple pics on a single post

• Cindy zone 6a
    11 years ago

I will take a guess. Perhaps number one is Chicago Apache, not real sure though, it is so hard with the reds. Could number 2 be Nile Crane? The one I am most sure of is number 4 is Prairie Blue Eyes.
    I would be curious what others think.
    Cindy

• McHaleBrent
    Original Author
    11 years ago

dlpsych

Thank you for your input I think you are right on about the prairie blue eyes. I looked it up and I'm pretty sure it's the same. The other two I'm not as sure about but they are close. Thank you anyways.

Brent

• swontgirl_z5a
    11 years ago

Number 2 looks like Catherine Woodbery. The second last looks to me like ditch lilies - Fulva Europa a species of daylily that is found everywhere in the ditches.

• marricgardens
    11 years ago

#4 might be IndianGiver , here's a picture of mine. Marg http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss132/marg_2009/Daylilies/IndianGiver-2.jpg

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

I agree that 2 looks like Catherine Woodbery, but I don't think #4 is Indian giver, because it doesn't have the fine white edge. Here is mine.
    {{gwi:679757}}

I agree you might have a ditch lily there too.

• McHaleBrent
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you guys all so much. I'm very appreciative of your knowledge of daylilies. I now am pretty sure what two of my daylilies are. In the spring I am going to divide most of them, and when I do I will label the ones I now know. If anyone else has suggestions please post. I am fifteen so I am pretty new to all the different types of daylilies, but I am learning. Thank you guys so much again.

Brent

• blue23rose
    11 years ago

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions on the names, but if that second to last picture is Fulva Europa, you may not want to plant it with other flowers. As a species daylily, it has stolons (underground runners) instead of roots like the cultivars that we normally talk about here and can be invasive.

Good luck with your dividing!

Vickie

• flowergirl929
    11 years ago

Picture number one struck me on first sight as Chicago Apache. I think you have Prairie Blue eyes also. You might have bright sunset in there. I need to make notes before I post so I can put numbers on things! This is fun! I didn't see Indian Giver in any of your pictures

• McHaleBrent
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you guys for your input. I will be making name tags and a notebook for all of my daylilies. You guys are so nice and helpful on this forum. I hope everyone has a good growing year, and thanks again.

Brent

• random_harvest
    11 years ago

Could that nice red with the watermark be Magic Carpet Ride?

• McHaleBrent
    Original Author
    11 years ago

random_harvest I don't think it is, but its very close just a bit darker. Thanks anyways for trying to help.

Brent

• lisa_3
    11 years ago

If the fifthe one (with watermark) is more purple in person than the photo shows-Could it be Vintage Wine? Purples don't always photograph true to color.

• brigarif Khan
    11 years ago

NO NAME? Does it realy matter?

• ostrovok_38
    11 years ago

These are some of the daylilies I have. They were all bought couple years ago. I have no idea what the names are? Please Help.

• thomastwin
    11 years ago

I agree, that first one looks like Chicago Apache. CA blooms smack dab in the middle of summer for me. One clump will give me a bit of late rebloom, but most clumps don't. Mid height, around 28 inches for me, 5" flower. Do these details match your plant?

• Nancy Barginear
    11 years ago

The first one could be Chicago Apache, but if it is a striking rosy red, it might be Charles Johnston. It is hard to tell from the picture. Chicago Apache is a true red. I definitely do not think it is Magic Carpet Ride.

Nancy