Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First Bloom of the Season

Posted by dementieva Zone 9 - Houston (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 20, 12 at 22:44

Our first bloom of the season opened today, and I have scapes on several others.

This is DOUBLE DOWN from the Breedens, who are local hybridizers near Houston. It partially doubled this time (it almost blends into the petal on the bottom left), but I expect more doubling in the future.

On the first photo, there is a mosquito on the bloom, and in the second, I caught it in flight! I had to take the pictures in the dark before work, but I think they turned out pretty well with the flash.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First Bloom of the Season

Great shots, Nate - and the flower is gorgeous - so many buds, too. Now, spring is officially here!

o

Congrat's on your first bloom of the season, such a bright yellow.
Linda

o

Beautiful and exciting Linda! Good photos...I hope you were as lucky swatting him as you were shooting the mosquitos picture:)
kay

o

Hurray for the first blooms and very pretty ones at that. I think the night shots look great what with the dark backrounds.

o

Nice to see bloom pics coming.

Julia

o

Very pretty, the first blooms always look so wonderful, don't they?

o

That is a great picture. Lots of buds too!!!
Cindy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here