Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Daylilies 2013

Posted by brigarif Lahore Pakistan (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 11, 13 at 2:55

Hi,
I am great full to Susan, who got me started by gifting me seedling and seeds of daylilies.
Daylilies have started to bloom, the plants are healthy, scape are thick, strong, and carry many more buds compared to last year.

From Daylilies 2013

Light and deep yellow

From Daylilies 2013

From Daylilies 2013

From Daylilies 2013

Others would be blooming soon
Arif

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Daylilies 2013

Wonderful, mine will be awhile before I even see any scapes let alone first bloom.
Thanks for sharing, I like your Poly.

o

Very nice. I am glad to see your blooms. the one with the extra petals is especially nice. Welcome to the forum.
kay

o

Cool! That poly is awesome. Just look at the wonderful branching on it:)

o

Did you make any new crosses from the ones that bloomed last year?

Nate

o

Hello Arif, It looks as if your lilies not only made it through your very hot summer, but are also loaded with buds. Did you have any luck making seeds last spring? More seedlings will be coming your way when I am done planting in May. Please keep posting pictures...I still have snow in my garden and am desperate for color. Susan

o

Hello, Susan, No I could not get them to seed. How about a few hints.
Any way I am so happy with the results. Last year I also received seeds from Mrs. Armstrong of Canada those seedlings are also doing well.
Regards
Arif

o

Very nice, looks like they have lots of buds, especially for 1st year of blooms. You did well!

o

You have a really nice group of daylilies can't wait to see more photos.
Linda

o

Looking forward to seeing more :-).

Julia

This post was edited by juliany on Fri, Apr 12, 13 at 19:54

o

Today’s appearance

From Daylilies 2013

What a bud count and branching,

From Daylilies 2013

Arif

o

Arif, that last one is very pretty with a great bud count. congratulations.
kay

o

This morning,

From Daylilies 2013

From Daylilies 2013

Arif

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 14, 13 at 16:32

My goodness. Aren't they pretty. I always like a nice yellow flower and then there is that awesome pink that really appeals to me. You have done a very good job to have grown all of these daylilies. I live in a hot summer area too, and it does present its special challenges. Good luck in the future.......Maryl

o

Keep the pics coming. Enjoying the show.

Julia

o

Very nice, thanks for the pics. I still have snow here and the daylilies haven't even begun growth yet. Starve for color here in MN.

o

Each time you post a picture of your daylilies it is even prettier than the one before and they all seem to have excellent branching and buds. Congratulations.
Val

o

Delights of the day
From Daylilies 2013

From Daylilies 2013

From Daylilies 2013

\

From Daylilies 2013

Arif

o

Arif

o

You sure have some real beauties. Keep the photos coming.
Linda

o

Hi Arif, My favorite is the fourth one in your latest post - the peachy melon colored daylily with excellent form. I want to take a bite out of it - it's making me hungry! Enjoy your daylilies -
Kathy

o

Good Morning Arif, How beautiful your lilies are. I hope you are able to put your hybridizing skills to work this year and set some seeds...or it may be too hot in Lahore to have much success. Kathy, how cool is it to have our seeds doing so well so far from home? Do any of these flowers look familiar? Thanks for sharing pictures Arif and please post more. Regards, Susan

o

Wonderfull with seeds you never know what your going to get.
I bet its a joy to watch new seedlings bloom and to discover new beauties every at every bloom.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here