Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anniegolden_gw

Target Ad Driving Me Nuts!

anniegolden
12 years ago

The screen goes up, the screen goes down. I finally realized you just have to wait until it's finished, because just when you get ready to click on something, it isn't there anymore. I may never shop at Target again. Are any of the rest of you battling this ad?

Comments (12)

• Cindy zone 6a
    12 years ago

Yes, it is like a pesky garden mole that I can't catch!!!
    Cindy

• Julia WV (6b)
    12 years ago

Nope. I use Firefox with Ad Blocker and I don't see any ads.

• aquawise
    12 years ago

OMG I hate them to! Go to click on a link and it moves!! GRrrrrrrr! Gonna have Dh do the Firefox Blocker thing when he gets up. this day. He has 2 kinds of cancer so his days are long and sometimes painful! So I let him sleep as much as he wants.

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

Yes, I have the same thing. The screen always going up and down.

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

Lots of adds do that screen up and down thing here at Gardenweb. You just have to learn to ignore it and wait for it to go back to the top. The one that bothers me is some hair product (shampoo I think) with a brunette that causes this forum to freeze up on me. I sure could do without that.

• buyorsell888
    12 years ago

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I use Firefox with Ad Blocker Plus and do not see any pop up ads here at all.

• sann777
    12 years ago

How and where do we get Ad Blocker? Can we download it?

• sophies
    12 years ago

Aquawise, I am so sorry about your husband's illness. He will be in my prayers.

• Julia WV (6b)
    12 years ago

sann777: If you have Firefox browser, you go to your menu bar and click on "Tools", from the drop down menu select "Add-ons" a screen will pop up. On the left hand side, you will see "Get Add-ons". Click on it and it will take you to the Firefox main screen. In the upper right corner is a search box. Type in Ad Blocker Plus or if the link works, just follow the link below and it will take you to it.
    Just click on the button to add it to your Firefox browser.

I think GW also had something awhile ago that you could sign up for that opted you out for the ads but can't remember exactly where that is. I know I signed up for it but I still had problems with the ads. And of course all those ads slow down the computer so blocking them helped to eliminate issues for me.

I know websites like GW depend on monies from the ads to support it and keep the site free.

Julia

Here is a link that might be useful: Ad Block Plus

• mkmagee
    12 years ago

Makes me crazy too!

• anniegolden
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I wonder if it would be worth contacting Gardenweb. It seems that ads like this push people into installing Ad Blockers, which is no good for their advertisers at all. It's also not good for their advertisers if people (like me) become so annoyed with a particularly intrusive ad, that I decide to boycott the product.
    Christine

• terrene
    11 years ago

I use Firefox with Flashblock and Adblock plus on both my PC and Macbook. It works a little better on the PC because occasionally I see an ad on the Mac, but they're not very noticeable.

Firefox and its add-ons are easy and quick to install, which can't be said for all software these days.