Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Target Ad Driving Me Nuts!

Posted by anniegolden z7a (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 22, 12 at 8:21

The screen goes up, the screen goes down. I finally realized you just have to wait until it's finished, because just when you get ready to click on something, it isn't there anymore. I may never shop at Target again. Are any of the rest of you battling this ad?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Target Ad Driving Me Nuts!

Yes, it is like a pesky garden mole that I can't catch!!!
Cindy

o

Nope. I use Firefox with Ad Blocker and I don't see any ads.

o

OMG I hate them to! Go to click on a link and it moves!! GRrrrrrrr! Gonna have Dh do the Firefox Blocker thing when he gets up. this day. He has 2 kinds of cancer so his days are long and sometimes painful! So I let him sleep as much as he wants.

o

Yes, I have the same thing. The screen always going up and down.

o

Lots of adds do that screen up and down thing here at Gardenweb. You just have to learn to ignore it and wait for it to go back to the top. The one that bothers me is some hair product (shampoo I think) with a brunette that causes this forum to freeze up on me. I sure could do without that.

o

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I use Firefox with Ad Blocker Plus and do not see any pop up ads here at all.

o

How and where do we get Ad Blocker? Can we download it?

o

Aquawise, I am so sorry about your husband's illness. He will be in my prayers.

o

sann777: If you have Firefox browser, you go to your menu bar and click on "Tools", from the drop down menu select "Add-ons" a screen will pop up. On the left hand side, you will see "Get Add-ons". Click on it and it will take you to the Firefox main screen. In the upper right corner is a search box. Type in Ad Blocker Plus or if the link works, just follow the link below and it will take you to it.
Just click on the button to add it to your Firefox browser.

I think GW also had something awhile ago that you could sign up for that opted you out for the ads but can't remember exactly where that is. I know I signed up for it but I still had problems with the ads. And of course all those ads slow down the computer so blocking them helped to eliminate issues for me.

I know websites like GW depend on monies from the ads to support it and keep the site free.

Julia

Here is a link that might be useful: Ad Block Plus

o

Makes me crazy too!

o

I wonder if it would be worth contacting Gardenweb. It seems that ads like this push people into installing Ad Blockers, which is no good for their advertisers at all. It's also not good for their advertisers if people (like me) become so annoyed with a particularly intrusive ad, that I decide to boycott the product.
Christine

o

I use Firefox with Flashblock and Adblock plus on both my PC and Macbook. It works a little better on the PC because occasionally I see an ad on the Mac, but they're not very noticeable.

Firefox and its add-ons are easy and quick to install, which can't be said for all software these days.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here