Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avedon_gw

FFO Today Blackeyed Stella and more Pics

avedon_gw
12 years ago

Blackeyed Stella has the first blooms today. Wanted to get pictures before the storms arrive. Checked the radar, so far storm line is to the west, may arrive in a few hours, but that's a guess. It was wonderful taking photos this morning because the wind is calm, and there is a wonderful fragrance all around from the roses and the Hall's honeysuckle that grows wild in the woods to the west of us. Avedon

{{gwi:684536}}

Blackeyed Stella

{{gwi:684537}}

How about two of them?

{{gwi:684538}}

This is the autumn sage--this is the burgundy color. I don't think it is as common as some of the other colors. This plant really gets going in the fall, hence Autumn sage

{{gwi:684539}}

This is the bush of autumn sage, it is just starting to bloom.

{{gwi:684540}}

This is caryopteris Summer Sorbet. This is a new plant for us, just put in the ground last spring. It is a fall bloomer, puts out lavender-blus fringy type flowers. The foliage has an odor to it, rather pleasant but it supposed to be bad to deer--is that good news, or what?

{{gwi:684541}}

Out in the wildflower meadow, some larkspurs are starting to bloom. This is a nice purple.

{{gwi:684542}}

Have to put in the blue cornflower--Hope Rita sees this one, so she can really see the blue color. I see the picture is blurry, but the color is true.

{{gwi:684543}}

Another of our wildflower meadow plants--this is blue nigella , just getting started. Such a pretty plant, very feathery-looking.

{{gwi:684544}}

Must put in a rose--bud of Devoniensis

{{gwi:684545}}

Devoniensis--partially open

{{gwi:684546}}

Devoniensis--full bloom--lots of petals. I think this is a good one to end on. Have a great day, everybody.

Comments (7)