Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This has Never Happened to me Before:

Posted by organic_kitten 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 24, 12 at 11:44

Yesterday three of them were slow to open, but all four are still beautiful today too!

Marseilles Watercolor:

Photobucket

Patricia Snider Memorial:
Photobucket

Rowdy Red:
Photobucket

And the one I'm not sure of:
Photobucket
Two days from the daylilies. Of course it was quite cool here and last night, it was near freezing, so that contributed to it.

kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This has Never Happened to me Before:

Great looking and I think looking even better on day two. Of course it is the cold weather. This would certainly not be happening in the heat. But your daylily season is underway. The iris must still be goin yet also. Hard to immagine Tall Bearded Iris and daylilies blooming at the same time. Usually the iris are much earlier than the daylilies.

o

OK, time for the theme from Twilight Zone. I'm guessing you're old enough to remember this.

So, other than astonishment Kay, what is your reaction? My reaction is that this kind of freaks me out. Confused plants cannot be good.
Christine

o

They do look even better than they did yesterday, & I thought with the weather they looked amazing yesterday.

o

Love them. I have Marseilles Watercolor too, and it is a favorite. Yours look even better on their 2nd day!!! That is amazing.
Cindy

o

Two days of beautiful blooms--lucky you!!! Avedon

o

Hey Kay...we should all be so fortunate...LOL!! Ellie

o

Isn't that the weirdest thing? Thanks for looking and commenting. I am just about to have an explosion of blooms. Early, but what is, is.
kay

o

well, they are all gorgeous, KAY. my favorite one is that first one. Very pretty.This cooler weather is slowing them down from opening, I have this one I excpected to open last week, but its not open yet, the bud keeps getting bigger and bogger.I have never seen any buds get this big before, and it looks like it be open tomorrow for sure, but, wont bet on it.its been slow.But,I have scapes every where. Plaants have 5 tgo 7 scapes om each one,and I have never had that many scapes on one daylily before, EXCEPT for WONDER OF IT ALL and it had 7 scapes at once.

Jean

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 24, 12 at 23:29

If the hybridizers could manage to get a two day daylily they'd double the asking price. Lucky you getting two days for free.......Maryl

o

They all look great to me isn't it wonderful but weird one day will make.
Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here