Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Blooms today

organic_kitten
10 years ago

The iris blooms are picking up:

{{gwi:684670}}

Sun and Sky with Clematis Pink Champagne Kakai in the background.

{{gwi:684671}}

I call this Rita's Iris. She didn't like it and sent to me a couple years ago, and this is the first time it has bloomed. Guess it was sulking:

{{gwi:684672}}

HR Young:

{{gwi:684673}}

Deep currents:

{{gwi:684674}}

No idea of the name of this one:

{{gwi:684675}}

Titans Glory:

{{gwi:684676}}

Nelly Moser:

{{gwi:684677}}

{{gwi:684678}}

Magheralin

{{gwi:684679}}

kay

Comments (17)

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Love, Love,Love those iris I especially like Dark Currents. I wish we could get those colors in Daylilies.
    Linda

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Me too, Linda. My purples are always reddish. Dark currents was a bonus, and it is a pretty one.

kay

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Gosh Kay everything is wonderful. So nice to have all that bloom. Magheralin is my favorite though.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Pretty,Pretty Pretty, Kay.I like them blues,especially the lighter blues.

jean

• jaco42
    10 years ago

All I can say is WOW, fantastic pictures. Thank you for sharing them with us

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Just love the colors on both the irises and the clematis. Aedon

• shive
    10 years ago

The irises are simply glorious!

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

They're all beautiful. i think my favorite is Titan's Glory.
    Val

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks you all for looking. I am still working in the garden with some more weeding and a lot more mulching to do yet. got some planting to do too.

the Chinese Snowballs and azaleas have been lovely this year:

{{gwi:684680}}

{{gwi:684681}}

and the roses are just beginning to bloom:

Abe Darby:

{{gwi:684682}}

One of the Old Garden Moss roses, Quatre Saisons is going to be a beauty this spring:

{{gwi:684683}}

The blooms are lovely, and lovely fragrance. I don't think it is supposed to do well here, but I don't intend to tell it so.
    kay

• User
    10 years ago

Your flowers are so beautiful! Thank you for sharing them with us. Ann

• gardenofeden777
    10 years ago

Beautiful Kay! My iris are popping everywhere also. It definitely keeps you occupied while waiting for the daylilies. And I love your Japanese Maple also! Mine (Jeddeloh Orange) grows slow as a slug. Looooove yours!

Rena'

• gdjcb
    10 years ago

Beautiful Iris, I have a little wait yet for mine. I am lucky enough to have a very nice and generous lady who has given me her extra Iris for the last four years. The 2nd year she gave me 72 varieties. Hopefully my sister has room, I'm sure I will be receiving a couple hundred more from her later this summer. Please keep the pictures coming, it is great way to pass the time in the evening.

Gale

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Lovely. I always enjoy seeing clematis.Iris put that pop of color while waiting for the daylilies to start. But then you have alot of color showing.

Hope your getting some time to enjoy your garden.

Julia

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Your garden is so beautiful, Kay. I have similar plants, but they look so much better in your garden. I need you to come up & help me with my garden design :) I tend to just stick stuff anywhere, sometimes that is just where the soil is easiest to dig. I get some really odd color combos.
    My tall bearded iris will be blooming soon. Daughter of Stars should bloom any day. I see new bloom stalks every day.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You are lucky Ann. Iris are lovely, and I am trying to mulching between plants to cut down the rediculous amount of weeding in the beds.

High praise from you, Rena, thanks. That main JM is about 10 years old now. I am very fortunate that I discovered the voles were attacking it before they killed the entire tree.

Julia, I love the clematis too, and have several more with buds but no blooms yet...they do brighten up the garden. the weather has been so odd, my creeping phlox has been blooming since January! Not so much as now, but blooming away. This bed has been my bright spot all winter:

{{gwi:684684}}

I do sit in my bench, drinking lemonade and watching the birds,but most of my time is still working in the garden.

Nancy, thank you but you have got to be kidding! My entire garden is constructed in the "where can I put this?" mode. I do tend to like certain colors, so that's okay. Of course I have a six pack of bright orange celosia sitting in the greenhouse until I decide where I am sticking them...they are bright, but I do love brights. I was thinking your iris usually bloom when mine do. Looking forward to seeing them...I would love to visit and walk over your gardens with you, but other than plant to the bursting at the rims point, not a designer.
    kay

Nan

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

well, meant to comment on the gorgeous clematis,and forgot.They are beautiful, I love clematis.mine has buds, no blooms yet.

Jean

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

I too was struck by the Japanese maple. The leaves on everything look so perfect, and your iris bed is filled with buds.