Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NOID Daylily--Any Ideas

Posted by Avedon 8a (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 7, 12 at 11:51

I was going through the Photobucket Album and doing some editing. I came across these pics and realized I have no idea what this daylily could be. I ordered it from a plant catalog (not specializing in daylilies) and it was supposed to be Destined To See---obviously, not even close. When it bloomed, I liked it very much, so I kept it and never ordered from this company again. Any ideas as to identity will be appreciated. I was thinking Peach Magnolia, but only a guess. Avedon

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well, I see these photos did not downsize, but you do get a good look at the blooms. I think these are mid-season bloomers and the bloom size is about 3/12". I plan to do better this year about listing bloom times and sizes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NOID Daylily--Any Ideas

Could be. Here is PEACH MAGNOLIA which I planted last spring.

PEACH MAGNOLIA Pictures, Images and Photos

Julia

o

Thanks, Julia, they do look similar, don't they? Avedon

o

Peach Magnolia is much bigger: at least 5". It is also about 30" tall in my garden.

Edward

o

Here are a couple of garden shots of Peach Magnolia in my garden. The color of yours looks spot on. Not sure what size yours is, but PM is at least 30" tall and 5" wide.

Peach Magnolia, Forever In Time, Red Volunteer, and Aztec Beauty Daylilies, Northwest side of house

Peach Magnolia

NOIDs can be difficult to identify, but I have had some luck with a few. Hope you do too!

Vickie

o

Thanks, everyone, I hope I am here when this daylily blooms, so I can tell the scape height and bloom size. I have seen several pictures of Peach Magnolia on various websites, and some look exactly like mine, and others not even close. Avedon

o

What a gorgeous daylily! I would definitely keep it, too! Enjoy!
Don't you love certain 'mistakes"? :)

o

You are so right, Natalie. This one will stay here, regardless of whether or not it has a name. I will think up something to call it, while still hoping to get a correct I.D. For a number of years, I had a NOID daylily which I just found out this year is Smoky Mountain Autumn. I was calling it Copper Peach, which I thought suited very well. I would be glad for any ideas for a temporary name for this one. Avedon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here