Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mini Daffodil issues

Posted by funnygirl463 Texas (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 24, 13 at 13:03

My husband bought me an indoor mini daffodil from a grocery store. It’s in a glass vase with soil and looks like coconut hair covering the little pot it is in.

It seemed to be fine for about a week or so and then I noticed some of the leaves started to go a bit limp. Some of the buds were browning and not opening. I pruned the dead buds and cut down to the bottom of the stem to see if maybe it would refocus on growing elsewhere and perking up those leaves.

The unfortunate thing is I work in an office that has very little sunlight and what I think are bright enough lights for me don’t seem to be the standard of the lights they were under in the grocery store. What can I do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mini Daffodil issues

take it home and plant it in the yard.

o
RE: Mini Daffodil issues

Yes, exactly. They are not indoor plants. If they stayed at the grocery store they'd have the same problem.

They also do not last anywhere near as long in pots indoors as they do in the ground.

Try to disturb the roots as little as possible when transplanting out. Leave the leaves to die back naturally.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here