Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden Blooms on a Windy Tuesday

Posted by newyorkrita z6b/7a LI NY (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 24, 12 at 13:16

Photobucket
Wood Hyacinths bloom in the southside rose garden.

Photobucket
Double red UNCLE TOM tulips. I just love the color on these and they are so full, look like fancy peonies.

Photobucket
Closeup

Photobucket
Single orange tulip PRINSES IRENE.

Photobucket
Double orange tulip PRANGE PRINCESS.

Photobucket
Daffodil MERLIN.

Photobucket
And those ROULETTE Daffs are going strong.

Photobucket
ROULETTE grouping.

Photobucket
Closeup.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden Blooms on a Windy Tuesday

Everything is just beautiful, RitaQ! I am especially attracted to those orange tulips. All of the blooms are gorgeous. I'll bet your garden is the prettiest one around and that people drive by to see what is blooming..
kay

o

Great pictures, Rita! It looks sunny & pretty there, been dreary here today so your pictures really look good to me. Love the wood hyacinths. The red tulips are so pretty, I like the deep red colors. I have Merlin daff around here & really like it.

o

MERLIN is a new daff for me, I only planted them last fall. I think they are pretty but I like the ROULETTE daffs and those COPPER QUEEEN daffs I have much better.

o

YOur daffs are going strong. Mine are just about gone, just too dry this spring. Love the red tulips.
Cindy

o

Once again, you have lots of great pictures. I especially love the wood hyacinths. Where did you get yours? Avedon

o

I honestly can't remember. I bought some bulbs way back when that I lived in another house. When they muliplied I planted some here at my mothers house. Eventually I moved back here myself. They just keep growing and multipling.

o

Beautiful photos Rita..

o

WOW!!!! I love them wood hyacinths.They are pretty, but, them red double tulips beats them.They are gorgeous.The orange ones are pretty too, but, I love the red best.love your daffs, too.very pretty.

Jean

o

Stunning as always Rita, I especially like your wood hyacinths.
Linda

o

Very pretty stand of wood hyacinths and your daffs are going strong - what a great spring you're having!
Kathy

o

What is like the best is... scroll up and down again.
What I really like the best is... oh wait a minute, scroll up and down again.
What I really really like the best is... all of it.
Christine

p.s. to Avedon - I get wood hyacinth at Brent and Becky's. And they grow great in the south, had them all over the place in north Louisiana. Actually, they had themselves all over the place, they naturalize well.

o

I love those double red tulips. They are unique. I also love those Roulette Daffs. Sarah

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here