Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
last April Sunday Blooms

Posted by jean_ar z8 Ar (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 29, 12 at 14:38

Well, I got surprised today when I went out to check my daylilies.I was expecting Big yellow taxi bloom today, but not these other two.They were a pleasant surprise.

IMG_2770

band of color

This one didn't open up all the way. and it was almost noon.maybe the next one will look better.

Night rhythms

I see a lot of scapes with buds that should be open very soon.in the next few days I'm sure.

Jean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: last April Sunday Blooms

Hi Jean
Big Yellow Taxi is gorgeous! Really a lovely bloom. Night Rhythms is playing tricks too, I see. Several of mine are acting that way. It is pretty anyways as is Band of Color. I agree. the season started early, and it isn't about to slow down. I still have an awful lot of iris blooming so it is strange to say the least.
kay

o

Big Yellow Taxi is such a cheerful yellow, and your other two are probably waiting for the weather to warm to open up like they should. I like the colors on both of them. Avedon

o

BIG YELLOW TAXI looks really great today and the others are bonus blooms! So nice to see the daylily season start even if it is very early. Soon you will be posting lots and lots of pictures.

Around here the Tall Bearded and Dutch iris are just starting. Daylilies have no scapes yet.

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 29, 12 at 18:29

How nice Jean. Being a person who likes yellow, I've got to go with Big Yellow Taxi as the prize winner. I like the edge on it too.....Maryl

o

Awfully pretty blooms especially Big Yellow Taxi which is my favorite such a bright yellow.
Linda

o

I love Big Yellow Taxi! Band of Color looks bright & cheery too, I always like the eyed daylilies. I'm seeing more scapes here every day, but don't expect to see blooms for a week or 2. I'll enjoy seeing your pictures til then.

o

Hi Jean, Band of Color is my favorite in this group - love the color! Thanks for sharing -
Kathy

o

Rita;Thank you. I am loving the edge on BIg Yellow Taxi.I love the ruffles.
MARY, LINDA,NANCY,AND KATHY. Thank you for looking and the nice comments.

Jean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here