Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mantis__oh

More Spring Blooms

mantis__oh
10 years ago

Finally got a rain, but will need much more to make up for deficit. Eighties today and the tulips are popping. Here are some things that have been blooming:

Daffodil GIGANTIC STAR. Gone now, as it is early blooming:
{{gwi:686998}}

GERANIUM Great oldtimer!
{{gwi:687000}}

Isolated clump of THALIA
{{gwi:687001}}

PASSIONALE Nice form and lasts long, but this is one whose pictures are often misleading in catalogs and on web. The cup is a quite pale apricot--nothing like the pinkish pictures. Daylilies aren't the only flowers that are notoriously mispictured, either through lighting manipulation or photoshop enhancement.
{{gwi:687002}}

AMERICAN DREAM not that crazy about it
{{gwi:687003}}

And some shots from the hospital garden, which I took on as a way of "expanding" my own garden--but which can be a headache, as onlookers think it their right to pick and dig up whatever they wish, and as the owners are unappreciative of the work, some of which is donated.

Banja Luka is the orange and yellow tulip:
{{gwi:687004}}From Apr 17, 2013

Don't know the name of this yellow tulip, but it has come back year after year. Pink and white is Ollioules.
{{gwi:687005}}

{{gwi:687006}}

Negrita in foreground:
{{gwi:687007}}

I have discovered that the new editing feature has limitations. I edited my last post ("Spring Burst") in order to change the name of the daffodil Pistachio, which I now know is St. Patrick's Day. It appeared in the editing box that all the picture coding was there, but when the edited version appeared, all the pictures from Picasa were lost.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Macanson Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Cabinetry & Flooring Company in Ashburn – Since 2013!