Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

OT: just wondering

organic_kitten
9 years ago

Do are of you Facebook? I finally started so I could see more of the grand kids photos and find I enjoy it. Have reconnected with a couple of long ago friends.

kay

Comments (9)

• FarawayFarmer
    9 years ago

No Facebook for me. I went through all that social nonsense when I was in high school. Then I graduated, and grew up.

Seriously, the way people use the social media these days sounds exactly like the whole world has regressed to the status of teenager.

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

Kay: I am on FB but just with my family since most of family lives at a distance. Good way for us to keep in touch.
    I know that several daylily groups are on FB but I don't bother with them. I know several people have closed their accounts because they were being hacked so be careful with your info.

Julia

• tepelus
    9 years ago

Yeah, I'm on FB.

Karen

• Ed
    9 years ago

I'm on Facebook and belong to several of the daylily groups.

Don't feel like I'm a teenager, but do like to see pictures of the family and staying in touch with friends. When friends and family start being dumb or preaching, I just delete their feed.

I don't think Facebook is any more dangerous than any other site, security wise. If you're being hacked it means you aren't doing a good job of being secure.
    Ed

• shive
    9 years ago

I started a Facebook account a few years ago to reconnect with my old college friends. I've really enjoyed it.

Debra

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

I don't go to FB. I figure I have not lost anything there,so have no need for it,as for keeping up with friends or family, can do that with instant messages or emails.

jean

• ruthz
    9 years ago

I'm on FB. It's a good way to stay in touch with friends and family that do use it. Also much easier for me to post pictures there than on GW since I don't use photobucket any more.

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    9 years ago

Yes, I do facebook. Most of my friends are non-gardening folk though, so I'm sure they get sick of my flower pictures. Meh, whatever.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I get to see all of the Grandkids photos, but I don't join groups. I stay in touch with some of my friends from work, and some from church, as well as a couple of old friends who live distant from me.

I enjoy it, but am not a constant facebooker since I don't bother with a smart phone...I can't get over the people I know who seem to be connected to the phone by an umbilical cord , almost...and don't won't to do that myself. Thanks, I was just curious

I do post a lot of garden pics on facebook since it is so easy.
    kay