Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Golliwog Bloomed Today + Garden Pics

Posted by Avedon 8a (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 29, 12 at 16:19

I was so sxcited because I knew Golliwog would bloom today. I just didn't realize when I went out to the garden with the camera that the 2 blooms would be HUGE on the 14" scapes. I was afraid the poor stalks would break under the weight. These pictures were taken about 8 o'clock this morning with overcast skies. So, without further ado, Pictures, plus some others. Avedon

Photobucket

Golliwog, planted the middle of October.

Photobucket

I was lying on the ground getting this shot, since the stalks are so short. I can tell you that pine needle mulch sticks!!!

Photobucket

This is our NOID yellow--I guess it's not a UF and doubtful we will ever know what it is. One thing it is not is short.
The scapes are 36" tall and the flowers are well above the foliage.

Photobucket

Blackeyed Stella was blooming wonderfully this morning. It is such a cheerful color.

Photobucket

Ran out of new daylily photos, so I'll close with our one year old Belinda's Dream putting out these amazing roses.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Golliwog Bloomed Today + Garden Pics

wow. Black eyed stella is gorgeous and BELINDA'S DREAM is always a winner.Wonderful rose.

Jean

o

Love your Black Eyed Stella, such a great looking clump you have there. Golliwog does look like a large one with great color.

o

I like GOLLIWOG. I had to go look it up on the AHS database to see the stats. Goodness, it is registered as a MLa. I guess you got some scapes left over from last year. It is a big bloom.

Clump of BLACK EYED STELLA is impressive.

Julia

o

Golliwog is stunning I love it and Black Eyed Stella wow what a bloomer it's gorgeous. I've had a problem this year myself with short scapes maybe due to the weird weather this year who knows.
Linda

o

Belinda's Dream is amazing, what luscious blooms! Golliwog looks great, I would never have thought about it being such a new plant. The blooms are just lovely. Nice clump of Black eyed Stella too.

o

I think Golliwog is going to be wonderful when it settles in. And your Blackeyed Stella looks great!
Kathy

o

What a great namne Golliwog is for that flower. And your clump of black eyed stellas is so pretty.

I sure wish we could obtain reasonably priced pine straw mulch here. I don't like the shredded hardwood one bit.

Christine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here