Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avedon_gw

Golliwog Bloomed Today + Garden Pics

avedon_gw
12 years ago

I was so sxcited because I knew Golliwog would bloom today. I just didn't realize when I went out to the garden with the camera that the 2 blooms would be HUGE on the 14" scapes. I was afraid the poor stalks would break under the weight. These pictures were taken about 8 o'clock this morning with overcast skies. So, without further ado, Pictures, plus some others. Avedon

{{gwi:672389}}

Golliwog, planted the middle of October.

{{gwi:688363}}

I was lying on the ground getting this shot, since the stalks are so short. I can tell you that pine needle mulch sticks!!!

{{gwi:688365}}

This is our NOID yellow--I guess it's not a UF and doubtful we will ever know what it is. One thing it is not is short.

The scapes are 36" tall and the flowers are well above the foliage.

{{gwi:688367}}

Blackeyed Stella was blooming wonderfully this morning. It is such a cheerful color.

{{gwi:688368}}

Ran out of new daylily photos, so I'll close with our one year old Belinda's Dream putting out these amazing roses.

Comments (7)

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

wow. Black eyed stella is gorgeous and BELINDA'S DREAM is always a winner.Wonderful rose.

Jean

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

Love your Black Eyed Stella, such a great looking clump you have there. Golliwog does look like a large one with great color.

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

I like GOLLIWOG. I had to go look it up on the AHS database to see the stats. Goodness, it is registered as a MLa. I guess you got some scapes left over from last year. It is a big bloom.

Clump of BLACK EYED STELLA is impressive.

Julia

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Golliwog is stunning I love it and Black Eyed Stella wow what a bloomer it's gorgeous. I've had a problem this year myself with short scapes maybe due to the weird weather this year who knows.
    Linda

• Nancy
    11 years ago

Belinda's Dream is amazing, what luscious blooms! Golliwog looks great, I would never have thought about it being such a new plant. The blooms are just lovely. Nice clump of Black eyed Stella too.

• katlynn719
    11 years ago

I think Golliwog is going to be wonderful when it settles in. And your Blackeyed Stella looks great!
    Kathy

• anniegolden
    11 years ago

What a great namne Golliwog is for that flower. And your clump of black eyed stellas is so pretty.

I sure wish we could obtain reasonably priced pine straw mulch here. I don't like the shredded hardwood one bit.

Christine

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor