gkoerper

tinkers

gkoerper
11 years ago

Is tinkers gone for good now.

Comments (14)

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

Oh Rats! Even though he hadn't been adding new pictures in a few years, the information on older daylilies was still invaluable. I was going to ask if anyone knew if someone was going to buy it out and start it back up again. I guess I got my answer. I know ATP has a database, but I still used Tinkers as well. All that great information down the dumpers. Rats again!...Maryl

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Well, I just tried to bring up Tinker's data base , have it on speed dial, but nothing happened, got server error, so I guess it is gone. That's terrible, I used it to look up DLs and sometimes there were really good photos. Maybe somebody can bring it back, certainly hope so. Avedon

• blue23rose
    11 years ago

Sorry to hear this because I used it too. What a shame.

Vickie

• polymerous
    11 years ago

It's not Tinkers, but it's rapidly growing on me, and I think that it might be even better. It is a database and forum for all sorts of plants (not just daylilies). It has pictures and valuable information (registration stats, ancestry, links to forum threads that mention the plant), and you can easily backtrack through the ancestry, AND go forward through the child plants through their links.

(Sorry, couldn't get the link to work in the text... I added it under 'Optional Link URL', which is displayed at the bottom of this entry.)

Select the forum then daylilies for forum threads, or database and then daylilies and then search on whichever daylily you want info for. (The database search will pop up anything (not just daylilies) with that name, then you click on the appropriate picture or link to get the scoop on your plant.)

Calif_Sue moderates the daylily database and does a really good job of updating it. I've uploaded a few pictures the last week, and they were quickly incorporated.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://allthingsplants.com

• gkoerper
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks polymerous. I am reluctant, but now have no choice. I "favorited" allthingsplants. Maybe it will grow on me too. I hate to see tinkers go, because probably around 300 of those pictures were mine. I wish someone would bring it back. I like tedious work. I would love to take it and update just the daylily part.

• Nancy
    11 years ago

I wondered what was going on with Tinkers, thought something else was wrong my old computer :) I'll sure miss it. I've been using the All things plants database, but I was used to Tinkers. I hadn't looked far enough into Allthings plants to realize they have a database for iris & other things, I like that!

• blue23rose
    11 years ago

I love ATP! The database is continually growing and if you want to see a particular daylily, you might just get 1 picture, but you may also get 10 or 20 from all different zones. It also lists the child plants and links to those.

You can upload your own pictures right from your own hard drive, too. No need to send it to Photobucket or anything else first. How good is that!!

Vickie

• marricgardens
    11 years ago

I used to use Tinkers all the time until I found ATP. Like Vickie I really like seeing the different 'faces' of the daylilies in different zones.

• polymerous
    11 years ago

It's not Tinkers, but it's rapidly growing on me, and I think that it might be even better. It is a database and forum for all sorts of plants (not just daylilies). It has pictures and valuable information (registration stats, ancestry, links to forum threads that mention the plant), and you can easily backtrack through the ancestry, AND go forward through the child plants through their links.

(Sorry, couldn't get the link to work in the text... I added it under 'Optional Link URL', which is displayed at the bottom of this entry.)

Select the forum then daylilies for forum threads, or database and then daylilies and then search on whichever daylily you want info for. (The database search will pop up anything (not just daylilies) with that name, then you click on the appropriate picture or link to get the scoop on your plant.)

Calif_Sue moderates the daylily database and does a really good job of updating it. I've uploaded a few pictures the last week, and they were quickly incorporated.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://allthingsplants.com

• polymerous
    11 years ago

??????? how on earth did this double post, with the same post copied/posted days later ?????????

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

I don't know what's going on, but Tinkers is back up as of this moment. Maybe all is not lost........Maryl

• Nancy
    11 years ago

Up & running, isn't it! I just noticed at the bottom there are links to retailers & children of that daylily. Was it always there, or something i just never noticed?

• blue23rose
    11 years ago

Yeah! I hope it stays. The children were always there, but not sure about the retailers. Kind of like following a family tree looking at the children.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

I always thought that that would be a good source of revenue if these data basis would list retailers that carry the daylily one was looking at. They do it on HMF for roses, so why not daylilies? It certainly would be nice to find a list of sources for we the customers as well.........Maryl

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm