Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Few From today

Posted by organic_kitten 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 28, 12 at 16:21

I don't know what the problem is (our crazy weather maybe?) But I have had several blooms open that are just mushy. Look frozen or some such.

Anyway, from today:

Malaysian Marketplace:
Photobucket

Rowdy Red:Photobucket

Bill Watson:
Photobucket

Texas Carnival Dance:
Photobucket

Dancing With JUlie:

Photobucket

kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Few From today

Have you been spraying when it was cool weather? Perhaps it affected the blooms.

Here typically when the blooms won't open fully it has to do with temperature drops and once the warm temps stabilize through the evening hours, I notice a big difference in how they open.

Julia

o

Those reds are beautiful. I like Malas Market Place and Rowdy the best. Sarah

o

I'm sure it might be the weather we had a few cool nights in the 50's and my blooms didn't open right either, since the evenings have warmed up again opening is much better.
Anyway it's nice to see blooms so keep posting.
Linda

o

Hopefully it will warm up soon and those daylilies will be blooming like crazy and no more problems opening. I think it is simply too early in the year for them to be blooming. Crazy mixed up daylilies. Bill Watson is a beauty!

o

They look awfully nice to be so early, I sure don't look too good when I get up early :) I was looking back at my notes, my first non-Dumortieri daylily bloom last year was May 21, another the 24, then no more til about the 28th. I have quite a few scapes, & they seem to be moving fast. We've had rain & temperatures are predicted to be in the low 80s this coming week, so I'm expecting the scapes to move along pretty well. Crazy mixed up daylilies, crazy mixed up weather!

o

I'm guessing it's the weather that has affected the way they look. When you start getting those warmer temps, night and day, the flowers do much better and open the way they should. I like all of these, Bill Watson is an eye-catcher. Just discovered scapes on Malaysian Marketplace, this is a new plant for us, was just put into the ground a month ago. Avedon

o

love Malaysian marketplace.This dumb weather has got everything throwed off balance i think.
Since the weather has been so crazy ,I am looking for a very hot summer, as if last summer wasn't hot enough.

jean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here