Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spring in the Garden

Posted by newyorkrita z6b/7a LI NY (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 23, 13 at 18:21

The tulips and daffs are putting on a big show this year.

front yard-
 photo frontyard2_zps22ba23f0.jpg

photo frontyard3_zpse086a554.jpg

photo gudoshnik_zps300b727f.jpg

In the backyard the darwin tulips starting to bloom.
 photo darwins3_zps7260e4e2.jpg

And the mid backyard daylily bed is in full bloom of tulips.
 photo backyard4jpg_zps8d0a3e8d.jpg

photo workin_zpsfccb3125.jpg

Daffodils also show off.
 photo blackberrydaffs1_zpsd7bebc36.jpg

photo daffitzim_zps7b9deb9b.jpg

photo daffgigantuc1_zps77a9d5ad.jpg

photo daffs3_zpsdec24839.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spring in the Garden

WOW!!!!!!!That's gorgeous,RITA. Love them tulips, they are soo pretty.daffs are pretty, too. but not as pretty as them tulips.GO)RGEOUS

Jean

o

Beautiful, Rita. I bet your neighbors just drool over your yard every time they come outside. I know I would be.

o

wonderful.. I planted about a hundred tulips a year, but they never come back from me, or if they do its only the smallest smattering, but your bed is just wowzers, nicely planned and looks to be well worth the effort!

I really like the Darwin pinks you have in your backyard as well..

Though my daffs are just starting to bloom, my tulips are a couple weeks behind for sure, its been so cold here, with temps just above freezing, with just a odd day of warmth here and there.

Thank you for sharing!

o

The darwins are on their third spring so they have returned very well for me. That mid backyard daylily bed is planted in Greiggii class tulips which are truely perennial and would return for you if you went with such types.

o

Awesome, Rita! Those tulips took my breath away.

Nancy

o

I love the color combos of your tulips! The spring bulbs look spectacular with the stacked stone wall in your front yard! It got too hot here last week, and the few tulips I had blooming fried. They looked good for about two days. So it's not worth the time and expense for me to do a mass planting of them. The daffodils, which bloom earlier, fare much better in my climate.

Debra

o

All that work you did last fall is really paying off. Your flowers look spectacular. I love Darwin hybrid tulips. Mine aren't blooming yet though.
Val

o

Another angle on those darwin tulips. I just planted a ready bought miix.

o

A feast for the eyes Rita. Well done, your gardens are awesome! I especially love the tulips with the variegated foliage.

Rena'

o

Stunning!!!! your right what a show.
Linda

o

EVerything I expected & more, just stunning Rita! All that work putting in those bulbs really is paying off.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here