Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Figuring out the "New" Photo Bucket

organic_kitten
11 years ago

Admittedly, they continue to change it. I liked the first change better, before they divided it into pages again. That way, you could browse your album from start to finish without stopping and reloading each page.

Uploading was obviously designed by a committee. Probably a blind one. Choose upload from the top menu, then you have to select the album you want to upload the pictures to(drop down menu), but you aren't through. After the upload is complete. (you can easily name the pics here) then you have to select view "chosen album" name. If you just hit enter or select go home, the other choice, the pictures evaporate into library or home and you will have to move them one at a time to the desired album. When you find them, that is.

Very ponderous, but I am learning my way around. Also, when you want to post to garden web, you put you cursor ON the words html, not on the link. the link will light up and youh it ctrl-v to insert it in Gardenweb as always. Very ponderous. Not an improvement.
YMMD.

kay

Comments (15)

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Kay, I hate the new photbucket. It takes forever to get anything done there. And the downloading is so slow now. I liked the bulk upload feature which they no longer seem to have. Too much having to navagate from page to page when it used to all be there.

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

Oh NO. They messed it up again? now why
    an't they just leave it alone.It was easy last year to post pictures, this sounds like its going to take a computer expert to do it now. well, some kind of expert to post pictures,that knows all these computer things.

I was sure getting worried all last week and was beginning to think I wont have no blooms to post this year or blooms to look at either.this time last year I had daylilies blooming and others just full of scapes, and I kept going out looking all last week for scapes and I never found any, so I was getting very depressed about it, but, went out today to pull up some more weeds for a few minutes, and seen a bunch of weeds right in the middle of my clump of Night Rhythms. and found a nice big fat scape. its only about a inch high, but it sure made me happy to see it.I came in to make a new marker for it and wentback out, and moved over tot he nexr daylily and found 2 fat scapes on it, still only about a inch tall, but, I am happy now,That I know I will have blooms one day to look at.oh this one is Kecia...JAN. of Alabama sent it to me I guess about 5 years ago. a very pretty light yellow one.

Jean

• dementieva
    11 years ago

I haven't used Photobucket since GW started allowing direct uploads.

Nate

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

A pain and impossible if you need to show a lot of pictures.

Jean, spring was very early last year and seems like it is very late this year.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Rita,
    To bulk upload, hold down the control key and then highlight each pic you want to upload. But note the deal about the album you are uploading to.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Kay, I do highlight and load up a pile of pictures. But it is slow, the old bulk uploader was pretty fast. I do not like this version of photobucket at all. And I have uploaded to the wrong albumn and then had to redo as the albumn thing is not as clear as it once was. Hate this version.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Rita, I have sent an email to them complaining about that very thing (uploading to the wrong album) and told them to look on Gardenweb for the discontent expressed at their new version. They will get to me in a day or so typically.
    kay

• Nancy
    11 years ago

Every year they change it. I liked it when I went to it earlier this year & the whole album was on 1 page, but I see it has changed again. I only uploaded 1 photo so far, I hadn't noticed they don't have the bulk uploader. I had problems last year when I wasn't careful that it would upload to the wrong album, so I'm used to that. Seems like when I get things down pat with it, they completely change things. I think they just like to mess with my simple little mind.

• swontgirl_z5a
    11 years ago

Nate,
    Is there a way to upload more than one image to a post on GW?
    Debbie

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

I haven't played around yet with the "newest" version of photobucket which appears to be more bells and whistles from the last time they updated.

I just need to get albums set up for 2013 so I guess I'll go do that now.

Julia

• dementieva
    11 years ago

Debbie,

I'm not aware of a way to do more than 1 photo per post. So yeah it becomes pretty slow clicking "preview," then waiting a minute or three for the upload, then clicking "submit" and starting on the next one. I generally just browse other websites during the downtime, and I admittedly don't post a lot of photos.

Nate

• shive
    11 years ago

I just saw the changes on Photobucket last night. It's going to take me awhile to figure this out again. The older I get, the more I complain about change. LOL

Debra

• buyorsell888
    11 years ago

I hate the changes on Photobucket. Not improvements. I used the old bulk uploader exclusively. I don't like how difficult it is to navigate to my many albums either. Not happy and I'm a paid subscriber...

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Buyorsell, I am a paid subscriber too. I do not care for the changes at all. What I hate the most is that uploading to an album doesn't mean the pictures wind up in that album. It is disgudting to take a site that was so easy to use and turn it into a facebook add on. It is obviously aimed at facebook users.
    kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Well I managed to create my 2013 albums, uploaded some test photos to each of them and all is good. Just got to remember to specify which album to upload the photos to.

I still don't understand the Library thing with this big blank spot that says "no Media". Why not just have all the albums show when we log in. Maybe I'm missing something?

Julia

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus