Colorado Moonfire (thanks Debra):

{{gwi:690566}}

Blue Midnight:

{{gwi:690567}}

Purple Maze:

{{gwi:690568}}

Very surprised to have alliums rebloom with so little winter:

{{gwi:690569}}

Ballerina -just beginning: Voles almost killed this one last year.

{{gwi:690570}}

And one iris:

{{gwi:690571}}

kay

Comments (9)

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

Lovely iris bloom. Ballerina is such a pretty soft color while Wild Blue Yonder is so vibrant and colorful. Purple Maze is my favorite of the daylilies. Lots of beautiful bloom in your garden!

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

What allium is that? Looks like a good year for roses. How has your rainfall been?

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Rita, all of the iris that have bloomed have been normal, big beautiful blooms, but they are a bit later by and large than usual.

I find that I am so fond of Wild Blue Yonder. It has a lovely fragrance too. I was so sick when the voles attacked Ballerina last year. It seems to have totally recovered and is loaded with the little blooms. I really like it too. It was cool today after the rain, so Purple Mask took a little longer than usual to fully open.

Mantis, We had had regular rains this year. Most weeks we have had at least an inch. (Unusual for us in these last drought ridden years) the roses have loved it. It is allium aflatunese (about 3 " spheres from John Scheepers. this is Year 2) We had little winter this year.

kay

• avedon_gw
    12 years ago

What beautiful colors of Wild Blue Yonder and Blue Midnight. Purple Maze is a lovely thing and so is your iris. Ballerina is a very good rose, glad you were able to save it. Did you know that Tinker's Data Base does not have a picture of Black Fathom Depths? I think you should do them a big favor and upload yours. Avedon

• Waitforspring
    12 years ago

You really have a lot going on in your garden and it's all lovely.
    Val

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

WOW!!! Kay, You have some beauties blooming. Love Midnight blue. but, BLUE MIDNIGHT really steals the show. its a beauty. Love these purple roses. I have never had any ALLIUMS, always ewanted to grow a few of them, but have never gotten any yet.Your iris is very pretty, too, and I like that first daylily, (name has slipped my mind and dont want to backtrack again).. Thanks for sharing your pretty blooms.

Jean

• houstmag
    12 years ago

Love Wild Blue Yonder and the others are pretty stunning to. So nice to see a photo of Purple Maze in a garden, I just received mine this spring and I'm glad to see it matches the photo that the seller had so many of the hybridizers photos don't quite match the actual flowers in a garden setting.
    Linda

• anniegolden
    12 years ago

PUrple Maze is wonderful. I love it. Mine will be arriving from Maryott's in September. (clapping hands). Your garden is always so pretty.
    Christine

• sann777
    12 years ago

I love all your flowers. I don't have many roses but like them. I can't seem to keep them healthy. Of course my yard has no all day sun.

I love the Ballerina one and of course the beautiful Iris.
    Keep posting your pics. Love them. Sarah Ann