Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

So I had a FEW more than I thought

organic_kitten
10 years ago

I have been outside, spraying for thrips, putting out Ozmocote (only on a third of them, I ran out) and putting out slug bait.

I thought I had about 305. I have 350 with another 8 or so from the auction to come yet. Oh well, I lost Octoberfest and Margo Reed Indeed last fall, and they haven't returned. That's okay, more room to plant.

And I want to move the compost maker to the back of my shed. If I do that, there will be room for a rose and a couple of daylilies.

kay

Comments (5)

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Kay; I don't know how you can keep going at the pace you been working.I was outside all afternoon yesterday till dark, and today, almost couldn't get out of bed, so,I didn't work in the gardens today, but, had to drag the hose around and water them,especially the ones in pots as they were dry as could be.Suppose to get storms tomorrow night and Wednesday, but, these couldn't wait that long.they needed water now.and I also rinsed the old yellow pollen off all the plants.They do look better now, with out that pollen on them.And its terrible here now.everything is just covered with pollen, not good for ones with allergies, either.I get started sneezing and it always lasts at least a hour before I quit, then I have sore muscle every where.

jean

• timberohio
    10 years ago

Wow Kay you have been busy. I haven't place any orders yet. Want to get the beds cleaned off and survey any loses from this past winter. I've got to get at least 2 more beds put in and stuff moved then the LA better watch out. LOL

Jean sounds like you need a good long soak in a tub with ebsom salt to ease those muscles. My old body had been holding up but with the storms coming in, my hip has started to give me problems. Hoping to get the Hosta beds and dip beds cleaned today if the hip allows.

Hope everyone has a good day
    Andrea

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Spring means everyone has been busy out in the garden. Kay, you are just like me, always figguring out where you can squeeze in a few more plants!

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jean, I didn't work but a couple hours yesterday, and had a doctor's appointment today, so only worked a few hours today. Gym is tomorrow, and I will work whatever time I can then, Like you, I still have a loot of mulching to do, and it is a hard job.

Andrea, I bought these plants over the winter. I can't seem to just look at the auction.

Rita, I have got to move three plants in that bed next to the Japanese maples to give the tree more room. Always extra jobs.
    kay

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Kay. I didn't do nothing in the beds today.I could barely stand up,and move just a little, so I stayed in the recliner almost the entire day.Everytime I moved a little,I was hurting everywhere, but, then about 5 this evening,I decided to go out and just look at the daylilies to see if just possibleI would see a scape making up, but, nope, no such thing, yet, but, I pulled my litthe garden scooter out on the sidewalk and sat on it and pulled weeds out of some of the pots,and jerked dead, brown leaves off them, to make them look better.I should have thought and brought my osmocote out and put a little in each pot, but, never thought about it, till just about 15 minutes ago.only thing I seen new was about a dozen lily bulbs had sprouted and popped up.I even found one where I know I didn't plant one there.My entire body just seemed to be in spasms today, but, mostly in my back.Tomorrow is suppose to be bad storms with a possibility of tornado's.I sure hope no tornados.

jean

Sponsored
Craftsman Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Home Builder 3x Best of Houzz Award Winner