Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Spring Bulb Show Continues

newyorkrita
10 years ago

The tulips are just fantastic this year.

Comments (17)

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Didn't upload these to photbucket so have to do them one at a time.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

darwins in the back yard

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I had to get the Come Back Tulips since I know Kay tried them and liked them and they did come back.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

akebono

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Had this one for years, it appears each spring. Have NO ID on it.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Beautiful, Rita! Love all the reds especially. My first group of Come Backs have come back twice now. I added to them this year and we really enjoyed them.The effect of the light shining through on your second picture is especially lovely.

kay

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I think I will get more myself. I got 50 of them but they are really pretty. I have them up in the back of the daylily plateu planted between the daylilies.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

A front yard veiw around the pond

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My little grouping of hyacinths

• Cindy zone 6a
    10 years ago

Just beautiful!!

Cindy

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Cindy, I haven't had hyacinths in years until this year. They are so colorful.

• shive
    10 years ago

The tulips are hyacinths are such wonderful colors! Looking at these photos brightened up my gray and stormy day.

Debra

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

The pale yellow hyacinth with the blue is delightful! Did you get these as a mixture? I don't often see the pale yellow. Where did you get your Come Backs?

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Rita I got 50 more of them this year, and I planted mine in the front daylily bed. I really do like them. Your tulips are so bright and cheerful. I love hyacinths, since I really like the fragrance. I have some that have come back for 8 years. (the ones the voles didn't get)
    kay

• gardenofeden777
    10 years ago

A beautiful array of colors! So cheerful! I planted about 40 more hyacinths last year to encircle one of my small beds and the fragrance gave me headaches out of this world. I couldn't even work in the front gardens the fragrance was so stout. So after the foliage ripens I'm digging them all up and scattering them all over the gardens so the fragrance won't be so strong in one area. My plans were to outline all of my gardens (except the cactus garden) with them. That idea is now history. :-(

And (don't laugh now) I planted a lot of species tulips early 2012. All of a sudden I start getting these "new weeds" in my garden with slim succulent type leaves. Well, I weeded them suckers! And they were my species tulips! :-( lol What a goof!

I always look forward to all of your pics Rita. Beautiful gardens and design.

Rena'

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Rena, oh no. Your poor tulips. Most species tulips would have been returning for years and years. Weeding them out really was a shame!

Kay, not sure if my hyacinths would return or look great even if they do. But good to know that the Come Back Tulips really do return for years.

Mantis, the hyacinths are a mixture from Colorblends. Come Back tulips I get from Brent & Beckies.

Debra, thanks. it is very colorful around here lately. Lots of blooms!

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

The tulips are soo pretty Rita. I love them red ones.but, the others is realy pretty, too.

Jean