Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More Pictures of my Yard this spring...

Posted by sann777 N. Ga 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 18, 12 at 20:31

My azaleas in front yard.

Photobucket

This bed in backyard full of daffodils, iris, daylilies, spanish bluebells, tiger lilies and phlox.

Photobucket

a clematis in front yard
Photobucket

Thanks Sarah

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More Pictures of my Yard this spring...

wow, I love that clematis.Do you have the name of it ?

o

Your yard looks great. That is a gorgeous clematis !
Val

o

Jean I will see if that clematis still has a name under it. I will let you know if I can find one. Sarah

o

Sweet essence of spring, Sarah. Love the azaleas! I would like to know the clematis too if possible.
kay

o

Wow ! you sure have a beautiful garden, I especially like the azalea's
Linda

o

Very pretty. The woods behind form a great background for your garden. Do formosa azaleas grow in your area?
Christine

o

Anniegolden: I have seen the Formosa Azaleas in Nurserys around here, but to my knowledge I don't have any. I have a lot of Coral Bells (coral pink with a bloom within a bloom) with small leaves They look solid pink when they bloom. I have some Pink Ruffles with the bigger flowers and leaves. Gerard L Tabor is one of my favorite ones. My white ones are prob. Delaware White and Snow. I planted most of them 30 or more years ago. I lost a few last summer due to drought.

Jean, I went out this morning and looked for a tag on that clematis. I bought about 3 at the end of the season a few years ago. Then a dog or varmint ran thru my trelice and pulled everthing including the three clematises out into the yard. When I got them put back I think I only had two that lived. Believe you me, I got some stakes and staked that trelice in the ground.
The tag I can barely remember was a French sounding name. I think it was "Ville de Lyon" It is the right color, but mine has more white coming out from center. The tag I found today says Clematis viticella Polish Spirit which the tag describes as Deep Purple (blooms June - Sept.) I think it is closer in color to Ville de Lyon. Checkout Brushwoods Nursery on the Web. A nursery lady told me they are a great source. Sarah Ann

o

So beautiful, I always love your yard in the spring.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here