Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avedon_gw

Happy Returns Blooomed Today + Garden Pics

avedon_gw
12 years ago

I had to go out of town today, but when I got back, I grabbed the camera. I know Happy Returns was going to open 3 blooms and it did. I also have a few more pictures of daylilies, and other plants. Avedon

{{gwi:692631}}

Closeup of Happy Returns. How about those scapes? I have counted at least 49 and there may be more now.

{{gwi:692633}}

How about 3 Happy Returns?

{{gwi:692635}}

This is our first large flower opened. Actually, this is about the third one. The first two would not open properly because of the cold. I love the color, don't know the name--I call it "Cranberry Pink". Unfortunately, the flowers bloom down in the foliage and so it will probably be donated to a plant sale next year.

{{gwi:692637}}

This is our second large flowered daylily to open. Another passalong plant, so no name. It is usually prettier than this, I think it's been affected by the cooler temps. I also wonder if it is an UF or that's just the way it looks.

I'd like an opinion on this. It is a very good bloomer.

{{gwi:692639}}

Had to put in a favorite perennial--this is Salvia guaranitica ( hope I spelled that right). I think some people just call this blue salvia. We have several clumps of this scattered around our property. The hummingbirds love this plant.

{{gwi:692641}}

Closeup of the blue salvia flower--love the color

{{gwi:692644}}

If you are tired of blue, the burgundy autumn sage is starting to put on a show now.

{{gwi:692646}}

Last one--Poppies do just that--they pop up where they are not expected. These 2 poppies just bloomed today next to a fence where they were not planted, but aren't they a pretty color--one has 2 coral-colored blooms, and the other is red.

Comments (7)