Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happy Returns Blooomed Today + Garden Pics

Posted by Avedon 8a (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 26, 12 at 20:38

I had to go out of town today, but when I got back, I grabbed the camera. I know Happy Returns was going to open 3 blooms and it did. I also have a few more pictures of daylilies, and other plants. Avedon

Photobucket

Closeup of Happy Returns. How about those scapes? I have counted at least 49 and there may be more now.

Photobucket

How about 3 Happy Returns?

Photobucket

This is our first large flower opened. Actually, this is about the third one. The first two would not open properly because of the cold. I love the color, don't know the name--I call it "Cranberry Pink". Unfortunately, the flowers bloom down in the foliage and so it will probably be donated to a plant sale next year.

Photobucket

This is our second large flowered daylily to open. Another passalong plant, so no name. It is usually prettier than this, I think it's been affected by the cooler temps. I also wonder if it is an UF or that's just the way it looks.
I'd like an opinion on this. It is a very good bloomer.

Photobucket

Had to put in a favorite perennial--this is Salvia guaranitica ( hope I spelled that right). I think some people just call this blue salvia. We have several clumps of this scattered around our property. The hummingbirds love this plant.

Blue Salvia closeup

Closeup of the blue salvia flower--love the color

Photobucket

If you are tired of blue, the burgundy autumn sage is starting to put on a show now.

Photobucket

Last one--Poppies do just that--they pop up where they are not expected. These 2 poppies just bloomed today next to a fence where they were not planted, but aren't they a pretty color--one has 2 coral-colored blooms, and the other is red.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Happy Returns Blooomed Today + Garden Pics

yum,I like your cranberry pink daylily. Very pretty.The sage is very pretty, alsoYou have some very nic blooms.Thank you for sharing them.

Jean

o

How super! I like your daylilies, and salvia is always a good thing...I have to thin it out, but you are so right, Avedon, the hummers love it. And I absoluteely love the poppies!
kay

o

Happy returns is a winner, isn't it? What fun to see all those scapes. I have a cultivar of guaranitica called Black and Blue (the calyxes are black) and it is a hummingbird magnet also, but borderline hardy here so I have to treat it like an annual. Yours is so pretty and an amazing shade of blue.
Christine

o

Wow Happy Returns looks happy so many scapes she will be spectacular when she really starts to bloom.
Linda

o

Wow, look at all those scapes on HR. Love the poppies as they are so bright. Thanks for sharing.

Julia

o

Beautiful spring blooms. And WOW about the buds and scapes on Happy Returns. It sure is loaded. Going to put on such a great bloom show for you!

I love Salvias, especially that blue one you have there. And yes, the hummers really do love them too.

o

Your blue salvia is marvelous, and I love the poppies. I'd take volunteers like that any day. I don't think your large yellow daylily is a UF, but post another photo of it later on.

Debra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here