Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hemerocallis 'Cara Mia'

Posted by clfo warm 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 11, 12 at 20:41

A friend's wife, who was named Cara, recently died and he is planting a memorial garden for her. He's looking for 'Cara Mia' daylily. It's an old variety but not sold anywhere that I can find. Anyone have it?

Here is a link that might be useful: Hemerocallis 'Cara Mia' photo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hemerocallis 'Cara Mia'

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 12, 12 at 8:49

I don't have this one but there are some pictures posted on Dave's Garden. Perhaps you could contact the poster and see if you could get a piece? Marg

o

an English nursery was the only one I found with it for sale. Probably,Marric had the best idea
kay

o

Try a GOOGLE search for 'Historic Daylilies' as CARA MIA is in that category. There are several USA nurseries that specialize in the older (Pre-1970)cultivars, usually as a sideline to more modern varieties. Good luck in your search.

o

• Posted by clfo z7 with luck (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 12, 12 at 17:01

Thanks for your suggestions, everyone! I'm still looking...

o

Clfo found me (I'm the widower)an Anam Cara which is beautiful. Still haven't found the Cara Mia. It's a little confusing which is which but I'm uploading the picture of the Anam Cara (Gaelic for "Soul Friend).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here