Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

A few scenes from my garden

organic_kitten
9 years ago

This is Wynter Hope. She is my newest grand daughter, and is not quite 3 months old in this photo:

{{gwi:695226}}

The peonies liked the cold winter we had:

{{gwi:695229}}

No daylilies yet, but the iris are blooming:

{{gwi:695232}}

{{gwi:695234}}

And the Dutch iris have been very pretty:

{{gwi:695236}}

More at another time:

kay

Comments (13)

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Beautiful granddaughter and beautiful garden shots. Love the colors of your peony and iris. How far away are you from having daylily blooms?

• Nancy
    9 years ago

What a beautiful baby!

• KarenPA_6b
    9 years ago

Although the flowers are gorgeous, your granddaughter steals the show! So adorable!

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

Cute baby. She's just made for that hat......Love your Iris. I wish I had the room and the energy to maintain them. There's nothing like the colors on a bearded iris...... Dutch Iris are a favorite of mine too. Mostly perennial here. I think I may have some blooms too but because of the weather haven't made it out there to look in the last few days. Down to the 30's again last night.......Maryl

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Very striking iris. I like that reddish beard on the blue one. Any chance you know the name? The Dutch iris seems to be Oriental Beauty; really prolific. Is Wynter going to be a redhead under that hat?

This post was edited by mantis__oh on Fri, May 2, 14 at 7:29

• sara82lee
    9 years ago

How do you get your dutch iris to come back? Mine do one year of blooming and then the next some pathetic foliage. Third year is totally petered out and gone.

Thanks!

• shive
    9 years ago

What a fashionable baby - love the hat! The irises look bountiful this spring. The blue purple irises with the pink roses are a great combo!

Debra

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

Love the baby photo. Sooooo sweet.
    Your garden looks great. Those Dutch Iris are very pretty as well as the other iris. Peonies do love the cold.
    Looking forward to more of your pics and hope your feeling better with your shoulder.

Julia

• lesmc
    9 years ago

Lovely, sweet baby. Thank you for sharing her with us. I am anxiously waiting my peonies. They are filed with buds. One good side effect of our miserable winter. lesley

• Michaela (Zone 5b - Iowa)
    9 years ago

Beautiful baby & flowers. :) Congratulations on all.

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

oh Kay, what a cutie. adorable grand daughter. Love the peonies, too.. I have a couple bearded iris blooming too. one is a pretty blue one. I think the name of it is MERCHANT MARINE,and a black one is blooming, don't remember its name.Some thing about midnight, but don't remember it.I have a few daylily scapes up so wont be that long till I will have blooms.I have been busy planting a few tomatoe plants and cukes.Hope your shoulder is better.

jean

• ruthz
    9 years ago

Beautiful.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks all for all the compliments. I am really goofy over Wynter. Mantis, she isn't a red head, but a blond, at least now. That iris is Paul Black.

Sarahlee, this is the fifth year for the dutch iris, and all I do is allow the ratty foliage to die on its own after the blooming is over....nothing else. Probably like the weather or something. I have a daylily in a pot that has a couple of bloom spikes, but it was a Bill Maryott daylily which means they were probably left form last year. I have noticed that all the blooms are coming closer together. right now, All but one peony is blooming, the roses are in their spring flush, and the iris are at peak. And the iris are so pretty this year, I will have trouble getting rid of more of them, but I do have three of them to dig up. My pictures are not up to usual quality because I have not been out early to take photos.

{{gwi:695238}}

{{gwi:695240}}

{{gwi:695242}}

Sponsored
DryHome Roofing & Siding, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars82 Reviews
Loudon Co. Roofing, Siding & Exterior Remodeler Best of Houzz 5 times!