Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jean_ar

Kay

jean_ar
11 years ago

got 4 more inches of rain over the weekend, plus a bad storm that took out lots of trees,and power lines sunday morning. No damage here, but was a big pine tree down across the street.It was a dead tree.I weeded another flower bed today. was outside all afternoon. almost had to crawl in the house on my hands and knees,I was so tired.so, Now I have 2 beds done, 3 more to go...hope I will be able to stay with it till they done. rain in the forecast tonight through Thursday, so it might come to a end for awhile.

jean

Comments (6)

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Good grief, Jean! I knew there were some storms in the area. That is enough rain to help a bit with your dirt. We have rain coming tomorrow, and then, next week, severe weather is forecast.

Two down and three to go! That is great. I understand exactly what you mean about being so tired. Day before yesterday, I set a couple of big poles to support the huge honeysuckle vine and then dug a big hole for one of my rose bushes. Then, mulched a big area, and picked up a load of pine straw from the neighbor down the street. (for the azaleas and blueberries). Had trouble sleeping that night, and yesterday, I was just worthless. Well, I did spray everything with fungicide, then went to my neighbors and sprayed her roses as well. then sat on my tush all day.

Jean, I still have a good sized area to weed, and part of the iris row will have to be weeded again since I didn't get it mulched in time. And we both know summer is coming. Good luck to you, and please be careful.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Heck, you did really great!

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Jean,
    I fed the roses today, but no heavy work. It is sprinkling, but only lightly. the heavy stuff is supposed to be tomorrow.
    kay

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I got another quarter inch of rain last night and it sprinkled most of today and was cold out and a stif north wind,so I stayed in today.suppose to rain again tonight and tomorrow, tooMy girls are fussing at me to stay in the house and out of the yard.I tell them, well I don't go out in the rain..

Jean

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Jean ,
    We got rain today too, a good bit of the day, it's raining lightly now, and we are supposed to get an inch of rain tomorrow. I knew we were supposed to get rain today, so that I why I wanted to feed the roses today. That way, I didn't have to water them. I managed to weed just a bit since it was sprinkling very lightly at the time. It feels awfully cool, at 48 degrees, especially since it was very nice and very warm the last couple of days.

Do stay in til we have nicer weather though. I surely won't be out in it tomorrow.

kay

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It never got above 42 here today,and a mist all day, too.Was miserable out so I stayed in all day..I cant handle cold weather so good no more.makes the Arthuritis much worse.And of course, the wrist didn't heal back right either, so it bothers me a lot, too..AND since its the right hand and I am right handed,makes for problems with it.

Jean

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor