Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's not a new Bed

Posted by organic_kitten 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 11, 12 at 23:44

Well sort of. Last fall I di some extensive clearing of an area, and claimed it for a couple of small roses plus his silly red Knock Out.

This week, I cleared most of my pot ghetto. I planted Golden Celebration in that "not new" area, and yesterday I moved three of the sun starved daylilies there. They aren't sure what hit them yet, but I expect them to settle in.

It is quite possible that one more rose will be putting down roots in that general area.

The not New Bed in the works

Photobucket

Paul Neyron is in the area, and here is his first bloom:
Photobucket

Golden Celebration's first baby bloom:

Golded Celrbration

kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's not a new Bed

Golden Celebration is a very pretty rose. Your reworked bed is coming along and will soon be as lovely as the rest of your garden. I guess there is always something that needs moving!

o

Hummm, looks to me like you will have room for several more plants in you "not a new bed" :) Lovely roses, I really like Golden Celebration. This is a year I'm really liking yellow roses for some reason. I pass a house in town that has a stunning yellow rose bush, it is starting to bloom. I spot nice roses everywhere, but that one really catches my eye. Maybe because you just don't seem to see many nice yellow roses.

o

Golden Celebration sure is pretty. Good luck with the new but not new bed LOL.

Julia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here