Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mizellie_gw

No Photo's!

mizellie
11 years ago

The reason I have no pics. today is because......Hooray... we got some badly needed rain. All last night and all morning today. Then it stopped for 3 or 4 hours and started again. Now, those of you who have city water may not understand how important it is to protect you well. I have watered some but since it's our only drinking/bath/dishwashing water, we really have to watch it. Until yesterday, we only had a trace of rain, twice, in the last 8 weeks. Thank God for the rain....Ellie

Comments (8)

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Ellie I understand, I also have a well and I am careful also on my watering my daylilies are blooming well but scape heights and bloom count are down I think due to the amount I water. It's been dry here in my part of FL also but there is a chance of rain today I hope I get some my grass would sure like it not to mention the daylilies. Let's all hope for rain.
    Linda

• Nancy
    11 years ago

Hooray for the rain! We got that rain too, although we weren't in such dire need as you. Haven't been on a well since I was a kid, while we rarely had real problems, I remember we worried about it when it was dry for a while.

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Hooray for the rain. We got over 2 inches too, Ellie, and, as you know, the drought was so bad last year that it was worrying.

E had gotten better rain this year in this part of Alabama, so maybe it won't be another drought year.

Hooray for the rain!
    kay

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Hi, guys, we were supposed to get some of that rain Saturday night, but when we got up on Sunday, we had only .13", all the heavy stuff went east to your side, and I am happy for you. We are on a well, and we are going to have a deep well put in if the people will ever come and do it. They should be here by the end of this month, I hope. I am afraid we are going to have another big drought and this will be devastating if we do. We have lost nearly every dogwood tree and they will all be dead if we don't get good rains. It may already be too late, Avedon

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

We're getting a few sprinkles, but so far most of the rain is staying to the west of us. Hooray for all of you that are getting rain.
    Val

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

HOORAY, for every one that needs the rain to finally get some. IT was forecast that we would get storms over the weekend too, but, all we got one day, dont remember which day, was just a feew sprinkles, only enough to make the grass LOOK wet.I still had to water pots that was nearly dry.

Jean

• shive
    11 years ago

We got a good soaking rain yesterday. It's to late to help the bud counts on the earlies, but I'm seeing some branching today on the midseason bloomers.

Debra

• Nancy Barginear
    11 years ago

We had a drizzling rain all day and the daylilies looked gorgeous. I was outside with a big hat trying to keep the rainwater off my camera.

The tree men are coming tomorrow to cut down and trim some trees, as we have too much shade on one section of daylilies. With my luck, after all the rain they will probably be blooming even more so, and I won't be able to pollinate or photograph. The rain was most welcome, though.

Nancy