Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
timberohio

Waiting for daylilies.

timberohio
10 years ago

Waiting for daylilies to bloom and feeling better than I have in years, has gotten me into more work than I want. Well part of it I blame on my husband. (Truthfully, I blame all of it on him)

He re edged all the beds to make them all line up with each other. More pleasing to the eye. This in turn made some beds larger. So I moved daylilies out of a small bed and filled in the larger bed. Now what to do with the small bed. Why not make it bigger, split all the daylilies that need split and make another sales bed. So for my first project I started last week. I'm removing grass/weeds from a 30x40 ft area. Was making good progress til the rains came in this week and my daughter brought the grand babies down over the weekend. So project 1 on hold.
{{gwi:700750}}

Weather cleared up yesterday and I was all set to get to work on project 1 when, the boss called and I had to spend half the day working the real job. Did I mention the Husband is on vacation this week?. Well while I was busy working he was busy outside cutting a pathway into the hillside behind my hosta beds. So I don't have to look at weeds growng 6ft tall behind them.

Hosta bed with the hillside behind it before.
{{gwi:700751}}

Hillside in progress
{{gwi:700754}}
{{gwi:700756}}

So this is what happens when my husband is on vacation and I leave him unsupervised. Why he didn't finish the first project before starting this I will never know. Yes the hosta's and ferns all need split also but I was just going to pot them. Now I will have a whole hillside to plant once he is done. It won't get finished because it is suppose to start raining and he goes back to work monday. So I get to finish a hillside as well as the 1st project then split over 100 daylilies and Hostas. Then when he does get a day off from work, he will be building the deck off the back of the house. So he won't have time to help finish any of the stuff he has started.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for letting me vent. Time to go get busy in the yard. LOL

Andrea

Comments (6)