Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
floota

Blogs on spring and gardening

floota
10 years ago

I haven't posted here for a while, but have added several blog posts on spring and gardening.

Here is the link to one on branching and bud count:
http://juliecovingtonat.blogspot.com/2013/03/thoughts-on-branching-and-bud-count.html#more

And link below to spring in Virginia. Hope you have a chance to visit!

Here is a link that might be useful: Spring at Last!

Comments (8)

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Your garden is looking wonderful, I really enjoyed all your photos & reading your blog! Your heucheras are really lovely.

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Your gardens are stunning and I love your garden puppies.
    Linda

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

I absolutely love your gardens and would love to be your neighbor looking over at all that (plus you could send some of your downsized daylilies my way). Everything looks so green and lush and I see you and I share a love of heucheras and japanese maples as well as daylilies. But best of all were the kitties. They are so handsome!

Celeste

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Floota, just wanted to let you know that you are an enabler for sure--LOL. After reading your blog with the description and branching and bud count on Lola Branham, I just got it from the Lily Auction. Now we are going to find out how it likes living here.

Also, your garden is beautiful, love everything. Wish I could grow heucheras--I know there are some new ones that are supposed to take heat and humidity, but I have been too afraid to try. Plants like that may do well for a season here and they are disappear forever. Well, I will just enjoy yours. And of course, there must be pictures of your cats, they are so fun to see and read about.

Your blogs are so informative, I try to read every one. Avedon

• gdjcb
    10 years ago

floota, Great blog as always. I have learned a lot by reading them.

Thanks,
    Gale

• floota
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for your comments, everyone and thanks for visiting the blog. Avedon, a few years ago, I was FLOORED to read that heucheras are natives to New Mexico!! I can't believe they would have thrived in that arid climate. Haven't had a chance to research and find out if that is actually true. But here for the most part, they do prefer half shade and don't like drought. I apparently just got lucky to have planted them around the garden entrance. They seem to like it there. It's hard to find time to take pictures and take care of everything in the garden that needs taking care of at this time of the year, isn't it? Thankfully, my "to do" list is finally getting shorter. This week, I really need to spray the Cleary 3336 fungicide - it's a couple of weeks late - and edge around the back beds. The weather has not been cooperating with my spraying plans.

Bernie Holliday sent the new plant markers Thursday and I've just now had time to even open the package! Hope to at least get those put up this afternoon.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

I hope you know I am going to plant a few heucheras just because yours are always so pretty. I always enjoy reading your blog, and am glad when you put the link in so I don't forget. I went over a couple of past months when I looked at this one.

I bought Bluegrass memories because you had posted a picture of it, and I planted it so it gets only morning sun. It keeps that lovely color that way. You are such a mentor when it comes to daylilies. Thank you so much for sharing your pics and knowledge.
    kay

• floota
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Another update this evening celebrating spring! No daylily blooms yet but lots of spring blooms. Link is below. Enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: Celebrating Spring