Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blooms for a Tuesday

Posted by houstmag 9b (My Page) on
Tue, May 14, 13 at 8:16

Still have quite a few that haven't bloomed yet but they are putting up scapes so hopefully it won't be long now before I
see some blooms on something that hasn't bloomed yet. The Daylily show I went to on Saturday went well. I showed in the Off Scape section because most of what I had blooming were on scapes that had been blooming for a while and not in the best condition to take to a show. I took 8 blooms and got 4 blues and 4 reds so I was pretty happy also I entered the photography section and my photo of Green Derby won the single bloom division. Anyway here are some new photos I hope you all enjoy them.

Pixie Plaything photo PixiePlaything.jpg

Mad Max photo MadMax.jpg

Marlene Harmon x Here Lies Butch photo MarleneHarmonxHereLiesButch.jpg

Magic Lake x Riders Of The Storm photo MagicLakexRidersOfTheStorm.jpg

Little Baby Mine photo LittleBabyMine.jpg

Just For Beakfast photo JustForBreakfast.jpg

Dragon Dreams photo DragonDreams.jpg

Celestial Flight photo CelestialFlight.jpg

Pale Moon Windmill photo PaleMoonWindmill.jpg

Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blooms for a Tuesday

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Tue, May 14, 13 at 8:41

Those are all nice, it's hard to pick a favorite! I really like Little Baby Mine, Pixie Plaything and Dragon Dreams. Love your 2 seedlings to. Marg

o

Lots of beauties! I like them all, but then, I'm just that way early in the season when I see the first posts after the long winter. Even Stella would look good to me, but yours are much much better than Stella!

o

Celestial Flight is my favorite of this pretty group.
kay

o

Linda, you didn't list your winners, would love to know which ones took the ribbons. I am not surprised Herrington's Green Derby won in the photo division, it's such a neat one. I love all in this group. but Celestial Flight certainly catches my eye, Avedon

o

Avedon heres the list of winners.

Blue
Spacecoast Tiny Perfection ( also was the best miniature in the division)
Devonshire Duchess
One Eye Willie
Little Witching Hour

Reds
Pixie Pleasure
Liz's Blue Suede Shoes
Devil's Footprint
Three Wishes and Woodside Amethyst were entered together in a artistic class in honor of one of our club members who passed away this year

o

Lovely blooms! Little Baby Mine is my favorite.

o

They are all very pretty one

s, but my favorite of them is DRAGON DREAMS

jean

o

Could you link your thread with the GREEN DERBY photo or post it again? I can't find it with a forum search.

Thanks,
Nate

o

Nate here is the photo of Green Derby.

Green Derby photo GreenDerby2.jpg

Linda

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Wed, May 15, 13 at 15:18

Congratulations on winning so many ribbons. It's gratifying to have our hard work rewarded. The picture of Green Derby is sharp and focused, showing just how nice GD is.....My favorites of your "entries" this time are Pixie Plaything, Dragon Dreams (which looks alot like PP) and of course I almost always like the yellows, so Just For Breakfast is right up my alley.....Good show.......Maryl

o

I like them all and congratulations on your ribbon wins as well as the photography.

Julia

o

Wow, some real beauties. Little Baby Mine is my favorite.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here