Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Texas Forum Folks Please check IN

organic_kitten
10 years ago

I don't know what part of Texas is your home, but please let us know you are okay after the tornadoes yesterday.
kay

Comments (7)

• alameda/zone 8/East Texas
    10 years ago

I am in east Texas - we got half an inch of rain added to the inch we got the other day. Granbury got the worst of it - up near DFW area - Cleburne, Millsap, but Granbury was the worst. Very devestating esp. since it happened so quickly - bad hail. 6 people killed, lots left homeless.

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

When we lived in Benbrook, southwest of Ft. Worth, we were only 35 miles from Granbury, used to go down there fairly often, as it is an historical town. I feel so bad for the people there, this is a devastating event. As for us, we received much needed rain, two plus inches, and possibly more to come today. I understand next week, we could have severe weather in our area, but will wait to find out for sure, since we never know if we will get anything here or not. So far, the pattern has been bad weather to the south and east of us. Avedon

• ruthz
    10 years ago

Storms here, but nothing bad. We were under a tornado warning for a while. 10 tornados were in the area South & West of us. Really bad.

• ruthz
    10 years ago

Just heard on the news that there were actually 12 tornados, one an F4. I think 7 people are still missing.
    These families need all the prayers they can get.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am so glad you are alright. Tornados are such devastating storms and I worry about any forum friends in harms way.
    kay

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

I am also very happy that our forum friends are safe.At least I hope they are ALL safe.We had bad storms and tornados come though here tonight, too.we didn't get one here in my town, but, them sirens was going off every few minutes for several hours,and it got very windy for awhile.My daughters lost power, but, I still have mine.

jean

• dementieva
    10 years ago

No trouble in Houston area. We rarely have to worry about tornadoes -- we get the hurricanes instead.

Nate

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists