Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mnclerk

New to daylilies, ordered my first four

mnclerk
10 years ago

I got them all from the blooming auction, since apparently the lily auction now wants a copy of some official form in order for me to use it (sorry, no).

I got:

Old Time Memories
Heavenly Dragon Fire
Aztec Firebird
Eye on a String

I'm excited!

Comments (7)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

What a fun time you have! I can't imagine what kind of form Lily auction is requiring...I had to have what they called a real email address...didn't accept gmail then, but that was all.
    Welcome to the obsession.

kay

• mnclerk
    Original Author
    10 years ago

To be frank, Kay, I was irritated enough by the invasive request that I deleted it right off, but I vaguely recall that they wanted a scanned copy of a utility bill, or something of that sort, to prove that a) I was who I said I was and b) I live where I said I live. I can totally get behind wanting to make sure that lily auction sellers aren't getting ripped off, but I'm not sending that sort of thing to anyone.

I'm glad to get into daylilies, though. They're such cheerful flowers - and are way less likely to die than anything else I'm planting!

This post was edited by mnclerk on Thu, May 23, 13 at 10:52

• FlowerGardener
    10 years ago

I have heard that the LA now requires extra ID such as the request they sent you. The reason for it is because there have been some people got ripped off and the owner of the LA doesn't want that to happen to others. I have used the LA for years and totally trust the owner of the site.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

I think you should contact Mike Longo and just explain your concern with sending any of your personal documents. He is a very reasonable person. Don't take offense to the request and he may have some other ideas.

I too buy off the BloomingAuction (Blueridge sells on there) and haven't bought anything off the LA in awhile and have mainly contacted hybridizers or folks I know to buy directly from them.

Where are you located, if I can ask?

Julia

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Congrats on your new daylilies. Daylilies are such a wonderful addition to the garden and be warned, they are addictive. Next thing you know you will be buying more.

• mnclerk
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Julia -

I live in the Twin Cities in Minnesota - Saint Paul, to be exact.

I've noticed that I really enjoy spiders and UFs. I can tell already I'm going to have a hard time not buying lots and lots this summer!

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Welcome to the forum and the obsession we all share. Daylilies are like potato chips you can't have just one or two or oh well you know what I mean there is always just one more you'll want added to the list.
    Linda