Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Stars onThursday

organic_kitten
10 years ago

Quite a few FFOs, and One or Two FFE (first flower ever). It was fun to see what was beginning to bloom today.

Rennie's Delight is one that I really like. I moved it last spring, and it had a hard time. If I ever get the slugs and the thips under control, maybe it will be really happy again.

Crimson Edges. From Debra, and a lovely bloom: I find I am really enjoying having a variety of forms now.

Cosmic Kaleidescope: A a favorite of Mine:

Rocks Cry Out: I'm sure I will enjoy this one:

Ledgewoods Pansy Eye:

Wild One: Rita, I love this one, thank you so much!

Handwriting on the Wall:

Faithful and True:

and I have to add one repeater, Red Eyed Fantasy:

{{gwi:703483}}

kay

Comments (14)

• jkayd_il5
    10 years ago

Beautiful!! I don't have any of them so it's so nice to see pictures of different daylilies. I have scapes, can't wait.

• ruthz
    10 years ago

Those are all beautiful.
    I especially like Cosmic Kaleidescope and Wild One.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

All your pics are pretty Kay. You know I love Carpenter daylilies Cosmic Kaleidescope does resemble Spring Mystique which I have. I think they have another one called KALEIDOSCOPIC INTRIGUE and another one I can't recall all with that gorgeous pattern. Yummy. :-)
    But the Red Eye Fantasy is still catching my eye. Does it bloom well above the foliage?

Too hot and humid here for me to work outside anymore today. Time to cool off a bit.

Julia

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Julia, yes, Red Eyed Fantasy does bloom above the foliage every time. For some reason (I'm blaming it on repeated freezes, followed by very warm days, then freezes, then...) a lot of mine that usually bloom well above the foliage are not doing so this year. But REF has with every bloom.

It is getting very hot very early isn't it? I was able to spend a lot of time in the garden this week (never enough) but yesterday and today, not so much. I am going out to spray for thrips once again, but that is it.

kay

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Gosh, so many true beauties today. I don't know what to pick. I guess I should go wuth ROCKS CRY OUT and WILD ONE. They are both favorites in my garden also.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Wild One is my favorite. How does the color hold throughout the day? Does it fade out by afternoon?.....Maryl

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

I love them all, but Wild One and Red Eyed Fantasy are favs for today. Avedon

• shive
    10 years ago

I'm glad Crimson Edges is blooming for you. I think my favorites are the patterned eyes, Handwriting on the Wall and Cosmic Kaleidescope. You know I'm seeing thrip damage on my buds even though I applied the the Bayer 3 in 1 two to three weeks ago. I wonder if they're becoming immune to it. It looks like I'll have to spray the buds with my Ortho product. I hate the expense the environmental impact of using so many chemicals. Do you think slugs and thrips are inevitable if you grow a lot of daylilies. The first five years I started growing daylilies I didn't have slugs, thrips, or aphids.

Debra.

• deluxemoonpie
    10 years ago

Wild one, Faithful and true , and Red Eye fantasy are amazing.... I now have more to add to my want list.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Rita, I really love Wild One, thank you.

Maryl, it hold pretty well in the sun and heat.

Thanks Avedon, they are striking.

Debra, I have sprayed several times and still have splotchiness. And the slugs! I've never had them like this before and have used two products trying to get rid of them.

Thanks, Deluxemoonpie. That's the way of this hobby, addiction,...you always sees more you "need".

kay

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

OH kay, you have a bunch of beauties today.. I took some pictures today, but, have not posted them yet.Couldn't sleep last nite, was awake all nite, so wasn't feeling that great today, hopefuly, tonight will be better, but, some times I go for a week with no sleep,till I am exhausted, the finally will sleep good a nite or two. I love that wild one. its a beauty.

jean

I

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Great looking group of blooms Kay I love Red Eyed Fantasy such a stand out in the garden I also really like Faithful and True I'm a sucker for that color combination.
    Linda

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

I have two of these in my garden, Red Eyed Fantasy and Wild One so I enjoy seeing a 'preview' of what I will see in July. I love Rocks Cry Out! Very striking-looking daylily. I also like Handwriting on the Wall. I am enjoying your photos.

Celeste

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Jean. I hope you feel better and sleep well.

Linda, I had to have Red eyed Fantasy after someone posted it on this forum a couple years ago. Faithful and True is a pretty one, and I especially like it when the eye is even bigger.

Thanks, Celeste, you should enjoy these two. they are both very striking blooms.
    kay