Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Front Garden Photos

organic_kitten
11 years ago

Okay, so there's still a lot of bloom. I am having sciatic problems, so didn't livehead, sorry

Had to show you Brazen Bandit, on rebloom, cuddling up to the roses:

{{gwi:706632}}

From Right:

{{gwi:706636}}

Center:

{{gwi:706639}}

Left:

{{gwi:706643}}

Clematis:

{{gwi:706649}}

Roycroft favorites:

{{gwi:706656}}

Iris Row:

{{gwi:706657}}

Across redone bed:

{{gwi:706658}}

Reds and Emmerich:

{{gwi:706636}}

Anyway, some garden shots...I will post some blooms later...have to go to eyedoctor.

kay

Comments (12)

• anniegolden
    11 years ago

Just love all your garden shots. I thought you said things were 'winding down'!.

My favorite photo is 'Roycroft Favorites', and just look at that poly bloom showing off in the center.
    Christine

• marricgardens
    11 years ago

The pictures of all the daylilies are great. I love the 'Roycroft Favorites'. Names please? Marg

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

It is a beautiful jungle blooming at your house. Winding down, ha-ha! Too funny, not exactly lacking for blooms there at your house. I just love, love, love all the garden views.

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

Sure dont look as tho its winding down to me,I see lots and lots of blooms yet and some mighty pretty ones, too.It is all gorgeous.I see so mayny REDS that looks gorgeous...Its so hot outside now.I hate to see what summer is going to bringits 90 out right now, and was 80 at 7am this morning.I have to go out and water plants this evening, too,I skipped yesterday, so they have to have a drink today.

jean

• katlynn719
    11 years ago

All these shots are wonderful, but the Center shot is glorious - great job!
    Kathy

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    11 years ago

Ugh, ridiculous! I love your gardens! I wish I had the space to have a sea of daylilies. Brazen Bandit was my favorite. Can I ask which rose he's under? Looks like a china rose, but that might be wrong.

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

I always enjoy your garden shots. Definitely a sea of blooms. Just lovely and I see you've got your kinetic spinner up in the garden.

Julia

• shive
    11 years ago

I love all the landscape shots! This looks like peak bloom for you.

Debra

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

The garden shots are fabulous. Fantastic sea of color.
    Val

• Nancy
    11 years ago

Brazen Bandit is just wonderful, what an unusual color. But those garden photos are just breathtaking.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

You are all so nice. I suspect it is peak bloom, but it is the second one. I had a sea of blooms, and then a slow down, and now it is blooming again...I found my first ever rebloom spikes on Johnny Cash today, and I have rebloom spikes on Ledgewood's Pansy Eye. I need to make and keep a list.

Those who liked Roycroft;'d favorites, The are Ace of Hearts, Eyes of Distinction, and The big red with the poly is Rocket Booster. believe that pinkish appearing one is Malaysian Monarch, but I would have to check that out.

Thank you Rita and Jean., Rita, you know this collection of blooms grew from necessity as I kept buying and had to have a place to plant them...many of them inspired by your photos.

Kathy, you can see that reds and oranges draw me like a magnet...

Brittie, thank you, you have a good eye...it is Louis Philippe, and these blooms are a couple days old so not as red appearing as real life.

Julia, it is up, but it doesn't spin all the time...just when the wind is right which is good because I really don't want to find a hummer caught in it.

Thank you Debra...surely it is peak now. I usually remember to take shots along.

Thanks Val, I love the daylilies.

Nancy that is so sweet, thank you, but I am a hodge podge planter and will never have the gorgeously groomes and planned gardens like Julia and Floota and many others...mine suit me though.

I appreciate all of you looking and commenting on my garden...I am waiting to see what calamity is coming next. Last year, I was battling voles until some blessed critter came in and dug them up and ate them...I have got to get the spray and begin to attack the leaf streak, and since I am in Alabama, I am sure rust is waiting to visit...but I bought the spray from Rosemania, so I will try it igf the worst happens. Even DH is somewhat converted to appreciating the beauty of the daylilies now.

I will keep osting but looking for all of your pictures. I'm glad to see that Debra's blooming is beginning in earnest now, we'll see how much that costs me this year:)
    kay

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Awesome!!! garden shots everything looks very happy this year

Linda

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz