Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avedon_gw

Early Bird Daylilies On the Lily Auction

avedon_gw
10 years ago

Robin Calderon of Earlybird Daylilies is now selling bargain bins of daylilies on the Lily Auction. In case, anyone wants to buy a bunch of DLS at cheap prices, this would be a good deal. Avedon

Comments (9)

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

I'm still waiting on my order from her that I placed online
    from her website last fall. I've emailed her twice, with no response. That isn't like Robin to not respond. I order from her every year and her plants are wonderful. I wonder if she had some of that awful weather and she's behind? So very many of my plants came from Robin and I can vouch for them being excellent. It's just strange that I haven't gotten them yet, or a response.

Celeste

• gmatx zone 6
    10 years ago

What is her alias on LA?

• FlowerGardener
    10 years ago

Her alias is earlybird on the LA. Robin has just started shipping due to the weather. I just got my box from her. I agree her bargin bins of daylilies on the Lily Auction are very cheap. Great for someone with lots of room or just starting with daylilies.

• skinimin
    10 years ago

Celeste, I too am awaiting my order from Robin placed last fall from her website. She posted on the big robin that many hems were still small from all the late cold weather.

I think that she plans on sending out shipments by the first of June, if I understand correctly. She's had a difficult year and this spring weather has been a lot to handle.

Soon come I hope.
    Marri

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

Thanks, Marri for your input. Glad to know that bit of info. Robin has always been such a great supplier of daylilies and I was surprised to not hear back, but I am sure she has her hands full.

Celeste

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

I talked to her last week about my order which hasn't arrived, and she said she was mostly working on orders from Texas and California. She didn't think she'd get mine out (Oklahoma) before the holiday. Sure enough, the mail has come and gone and no daylilies, so I'll hope for next week. The weather has been very weird this spring in our area, and Robin and I both have had below freezing temperatures in May, so she wasn't able to start processing orders in late April as in the past. I'm trying to have patience, but the temperature is heating up and I'm getting a little antsy.........Maryl

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

Glad to hear from you Maryl....! We've all been concerned about you since the tornadoes. So glad you seem to be okay. Yes, it is hard not to get antsy. I was hoping to get all mine planted in May since my daughter is having her baby in early June. (Because she lives with us, I am helping her with the baby and am her birthing coach. She had contractions all last night so I thought maybe we were having a baby, but nope).

I feel better knowing I'm not the only one waiting for our orders. I hate to bother Robin because I know she's a one-woman show and such a nice lady so I'll try to be patient.

Celeste

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Robin always sends wonderful plants.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Thanks for the concern Celeste. No problems with tornados where I live this time. God bless those who were hit though. In Oklahoma you always know that next time it could be you.......I bet a new baby's arrival will be more exciting for you then new daylilies from Robin. My very best wishes to the mother-to-be and her coach.........Maryl