Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msjam2

I'm getting addicted to this

msjam2
11 years ago

First it was the roses, now the daylilies ;) I have probably about 10 now, I used to have their names but lost it. Can you please help me ID these?

This one is so pretty

Thank you so much! I am looking forward to adding more!

Comments (10)

• Nancy Barginear
    11 years ago

Such pretty blooms! Don't worry about getting addicted, you'll have plenty of company here at the forum!

Nancy

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

I can't really say, but the second one looks like Dilemma.

Your lovely first bloom looks similar to several I have blooming now. I am currently uploading pictures to photobucket, and when I am through, I will post some pics for you to see if it jogs your memory.

We are all addicts here. Welcome to the forum. You are among likely culprits.
    kay

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    11 years ago

Oh dear, it IS terribly addicting isn't it? Two year ago I had three and now I have 52. Sheesh!

I love your purple one. Very pretty! I love the first too. Sorry I can't help with names. :(

• buyorsell888
    11 years ago

It is addicting for sure....Love the true purple, all of mine but Indian Giver bloomed red for me here. I don't think that is Indian Giver though it is different.

• floota
    11 years ago

It is almost comical to try to identify one from a picture since nearly 72,000 daylilies are now registered and many of them look alike. Without other information ( such as bloom season, bloom size, scape height, etc.) these are only guesses. #1 because of the "piecrust "edging reminds me of SUNDAY SANDALS.

#2 reminds me of HOW BEAUTIFUL HEAVEN MUST BE:

But honestly, these are only guesses based on your pictures! This is an incurable dieseas by the way. I have over 600 and my numbers are down from over 1000!

• anniegolden
    11 years ago

Welcome to the forum. I'm a relative newbie also, and have greatly enjoyed reading all the posts and learning about daylilies from the many knowledgable growers here.

I can't help you with ID's, but if you hang out here for a while, you may eventually be able to identify them all. I had a whole bunch of NOID's and now am down to only one which, coincidentally, looks a lot like your first one!

Christine

• shive
    11 years ago

I think your second one might be one named EVELYN KLOERIS.

Debra

• mizellie
    11 years ago

I don't know their names but they are really pretty ones to lead you into the " addiction " faze. I am with Debra about the second one. It does look like Evely Kloeris. I am posting a photo of my 1 and only bloom so far this year!...Ellie

{{gwi:708449}}

• dementieva
    11 years ago

Second one looks like a couple in my garden also.

Do you know where you got them from? We might be able to figure out something if someone else was buying from the same source.

Nate

• msjam2
    Original Author
    11 years ago

You were right, it is Evelyn Kloeris!
    Better pics of her. I got my first set of daylilies from Weldon. I will ask him about the others.
    {{gwi:708450}}

{{gwi:708451}}
    {{gwi:708453}}
    {{gwi:708454}}

And talk about addiction, look what I hauled this morning! 12 new Daylilies!! I am so excited.

{{gwi:708455}}
    {{gwi:708456}}
    {{gwi:708457}}
    {{gwi:708458}}
    {{gwi:708460}}