Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Daylily slope in bloom.

newyorkrita
10 years ago

No not with daylilies but with the single late tulips. These are the last of the tulips blooming this year. Tulips started on April 9th so the show has gone on for a nice length of time. I have already ordered 300 of thie single late French Blend from Colorblends to plant this fall.

Comments (16)

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

more views

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

another angle

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have bloom buds showing on my baby yellow zucchini plants that show fruit.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Iris are blooming. This one is Abondanza

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Opps, Almost forgot the Snow Peas in pots on my patio. They are Mammoth Melting Snow Peas and they grow 5-6 feet tall.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

The tulips are gorgeous Rita,very pretty,Are those the ones that come back each spring?Those peas are so pretty growing in them pots.I have never seen any of those here or even heard of them.Might have to hunt for some seeds of those as they are so pretty in them pots.Dont eat squash so don't need to plant any of that.But,I sure like peas od al kiinds so I bet I would like those too.Hows the tomatoes and cukes doing?

jean

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Tulips are gorgeous1 That iris is a beauty and the veggies look good. I planted the few tomatoes I am growing this year, but i had put them in two gallon pots in the greenhouse waiting for the odd weather to settle, so they have a tiny head start.
    kay

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Tulips are so pretty Rita, just a blaze of color. Love that iris, & I'm not such a big fan of yellow iris.
    I don't think I've ever seen such a tiny squash on such a young plant. The peas are really looking good too.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nancy, My friends told me to pinch off the baby squash as to let the plant grow and settle in. So I did although I really did not want too! And I wish the tulips would not end.

Kay, I planted out my tomatoes on April 29th this year. That was very early. But it turned out to be the right decision as they have done well and grown.

Jean, these single late tulips do not come back for me. Wish they would. Cucumbers are all planted out and growing some but the tomatoes are really doing well. I even have pepper plants this year.

• timberohio
    10 years ago

Beautiful Tulips sorry to hear the late ones don't come back. I couldn't imagine replanting all those every year. I've never had snow peas or even heard of them until you started posting pics of yours. Then someone mentioned to me yesterday how wonderful snow peas are. So I'm thinking I need to find some now.

Andrea

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Andrea, snow peas are those flat podded ones common in chinese cooking.

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Gorgeous all of them especially the tulips. I get so jealous seeing your tulips and iris, if only I could grow them here.
    Linda

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

That is a beautiful and colorful scene in your yard. Everybody must enjoy your flowers so much since they're right there where they can be enjoyed by all from the street. And your peas look like they're getting ready for production soon.

Celeste

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, tulips are my favorite flower. I do love them.

I found my first pea blosoms of the spring season today on my in ground planted Norli Peas.

• timberohio
    10 years ago

Ok I know what snow peas are now. I don't eat chinese food so I never knew what they were called.

Do you deadhead all those tulips when they are done blooming? Someone had told me years ago to dead head tulips after they bloom or they wouldn't come back the following year. I dead head the few I have, but I have so many squirrels that dig them up for food. I don't know if deadheading them actually works.

Andrea

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, I do headhead them. It helps the plant make bulbs instead of wasting energy on seed. And I don't want no name tulip seedings anyway.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH