Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ngraham_gw

Wednesday's blossoms

Nancy
11 years ago

It was really pleasant this morning, very foggy, but it stayed cool til the sun finally came out. Gave me time to go outside & play :)

A couple of new blooms today

China Grove Plantation, such a perfect bloom it looks artificial

Lounge Lizard, a little splotchy, but considering the misty, coolish morning I'm surprised it isn't worse. I'm very happy with this first bloom

{{gwi:710103}}

I almost forgot Waiting for Peace. This is the 3rd or 4th year in my garden, I got it just as a single fan, it still is just one fan & its very first bloom. It is so pretty though. I have several that seem very similar in pictures, but each looks so different in person, I love every one of them :)

The rest are just repeats I'm afraid.

Enduring Freedom

{{gwi:710111}}

Woman at the Well again

{{gwi:710115}}

Jolyene Nicole & Prelude to Panoply, I need to separate these 2 I think, they look so very alike

{{gwi:710119}}

Hello Heartstrings

Yeah, I know, it's Fancy Face AGAIN

Always Afternoon looks really good today I think. It has been so hot it has looked bleached out early in the day

All Fired Up

I'll finish up on another thread, didn't realize I had this many.

Comments (17)

• linlily
    11 years ago

I love the combination of colors on Woman At The Well. I had never heard of it before I started seeing pictures of it here on Gardenweb. I like the tiny edging on it as well. Very pretty! I also really like Fancy Face. You can't go wrong with that one. I've had FF for about 4 years and look forward to seeing it every year. Very nice photos Nancy.

Linda

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    11 years ago

Enduring Freedom and Hello Heartstrings are very WOW today!

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

I like repeats. I like to see how they look on different days at different times. My favorite is one of your repeats, Hello Heartstrings. I always think it is such a pretty daylily. In fact mine used to be way in the back of the backyard but last summer I moved it over to the terraces garden where I can really see it.

And Fancy Face is so pretty, who can resist taking a picture or two!

• gothiclibrarian
    11 years ago

I actually really like the Jolyene Nicole and Prelude to Panoply right next to each other. They're similar but they complement each other.

Cheers!
    ~Anika

Here is a link that might be useful: GothicLibrarian.net

• shive
    11 years ago

Well who can resist photographing Fancy Face again when it blooms so well! Waiting for Peace is a really pretty bloom. It looks very large.

Debra

• anniegolden
    11 years ago

Oh don't apologize for repeats. Woman at the Well is so beautiful for reasons that are hard to put into words. I know that eventually I will break down and get that one for myself! Thanks for sharing your beauties.
    Christine

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Repeats are always nice. In fact, Fancy Face is my favorite. Woman ant the Well and China Grove Plantation are also very lovely...in fact, they all are.
    kay

• Nancy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone! I can't resist posting my favorites again, & these are definite favorites. Woman at the Well is new this year, so I'm still in the honeymoon phase :) We'll see how it does next year, I still love Clown Parade, Fancy Face, & Hello Heartstrings. Waiting for Peace might could turn into a favorite, love the big flower & round bloom. Not unless it starts multiplying though, I like plants with lots of flowers.

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

Great pictures. I managed to narrow it down to 3 favorites--Hello Heartstrings, Fancy Face, and China Grove Plantation.
    Val

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

well, gee.I like them all, and love woman at the well.you really got some pretty ones.I love FANCY FACE. TOO/

jean

• celeste/NH
    11 years ago

Pretty, pretty! My favorite is China Grove Plantation. It looks positively perfect. I almost ordered that one from Brown's Ferry last year but didn't and this year it's only listed as display (boo-hoo) so I'm out of luck. I love your photo of it and all your others too.

Celeste

• maximus7116
    11 years ago

Very nice!

• houstmag
    11 years ago

My favorite is Fancy Face so post away on photos I also really like China Grove Plantation.
    Linda

• nat4b
    11 years ago

China Grove Plantation Is perfect! I also like Woman at the Well, and Fancy Face

• Nancy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I appreciate your comments, I do love my daylilies :) I think I'm going to like China Grove Plantation too, it opened so very nicely.

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

HELLO HEARTSTRINGS has unusual colors but I like it. Keep posting FANCY FACE as I enjoy seeing it.

Julia

• mizellie
    11 years ago

Love that Fancy Face. You have lots of pretties today! Ellie

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths