Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wednesday's blossoms

Posted by ngraham z6 KY (My Page) on
Wed, May 30, 12 at 12:08

It was really pleasant this morning, very foggy, but it stayed cool til the sun finally came out. Gave me time to go outside & play :)
A couple of new blooms today
China Grove Plantation, such a perfect bloom it looks artificial
China Grove Plantation

Lounge Lizard, a little splotchy, but considering the misty, coolish morning I'm surprised it isn't worse. I'm very happy with this first bloom
Lounge Lizard

I almost forgot Waiting for Peace. This is the 3rd or 4th year in my garden, I got it just as a single fan, it still is just one fan & its very first bloom. It is so pretty though. I have several that seem very similar in pictures, but each looks so different in person, I love every one of them :)
Waiting for Peace

The rest are just repeats I'm afraid.
Enduring Freedom
Final Destination

Woman at the Well again
Woman at the Well

Jolyene Nicole & Prelude to Panoply, I need to separate these 2 I think, they look so very alike
Jolyene Nicole &

Hello Heartstrings
Photobucket

Yeah, I know, it's Fancy Face AGAIN
FAncy Face

Always Afternoon looks really good today I think. It has been so hot it has looked bleached out early in the day
Always Afternoon

All Fired Up
All Fired Up

I'll finish up on another thread, didn't realize I had this many.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wednesday's blossoms

I love the combination of colors on Woman At The Well. I had never heard of it before I started seeing pictures of it here on Gardenweb. I like the tiny edging on it as well. Very pretty! I also really like Fancy Face. You can't go wrong with that one. I've had FF for about 4 years and look forward to seeing it every year. Very nice photos Nancy.

Linda

o

Enduring Freedom and Hello Heartstrings are very WOW today!

o

I like repeats. I like to see how they look on different days at different times. My favorite is one of your repeats, Hello Heartstrings. I always think it is such a pretty daylily. In fact mine used to be way in the back of the backyard but last summer I moved it over to the terraces garden where I can really see it.

And Fancy Face is so pretty, who can resist taking a picture or two!

o

I actually really like the Jolyene Nicole and Prelude to Panoply right next to each other. They're similar but they complement each other.

Cheers!
~Anika

Here is a link that might be useful: GothicLibrarian.net

o

Well who can resist photographing Fancy Face again when it blooms so well! Waiting for Peace is a really pretty bloom. It looks very large.

Debra

o

Oh don't apologize for repeats. Woman at the Well is so beautiful for reasons that are hard to put into words. I know that eventually I will break down and get that one for myself! Thanks for sharing your beauties.
Christine

o

Repeats are always nice. In fact, Fancy Face is my favorite. Woman ant the Well and China Grove Plantation are also very lovely...in fact, they all are.
kay

o

Thanks everyone! I can't resist posting my favorites again, & these are definite favorites. Woman at the Well is new this year, so I'm still in the honeymoon phase :) We'll see how it does next year, I still love Clown Parade, Fancy Face, & Hello Heartstrings. Waiting for Peace might could turn into a favorite, love the big flower & round bloom. Not unless it starts multiplying though, I like plants with lots of flowers.

o

Great pictures. I managed to narrow it down to 3 favorites--Hello Heartstrings, Fancy Face, and China Grove Plantation.
Val

o

well, gee.I like them all, and love woman at the well.you really got some pretty ones.I love FANCY FACE. TOO/

jean

o

Pretty, pretty! My favorite is China Grove Plantation. It looks positively perfect. I almost ordered that one from Brown's Ferry last year but didn't and this year it's only listed as display (boo-hoo) so I'm out of luck. I love your photo of it and all your others too.

Celeste

o

Very nice!

o

My favorite is Fancy Face so post away on photos I also really like China Grove Plantation.
Linda

o

China Grove Plantation Is perfect! I also like Woman at the Well, and Fancy Face

o

I appreciate your comments, I do love my daylilies :) I think I'm going to like China Grove Plantation too, it opened so very nicely.

o

HELLO HEARTSTRINGS has unusual colors but I like it. Keep posting FANCY FACE as I enjoy seeing it.

Julia

o

Love that Fancy Face. You have lots of pretties today! Ellie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here