Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tweetypye

Blooms after the rainstorm.....

tweetypye
15 years ago

I awoke around 4:30 this morning to a tremendous rainstorm and it's been raining off and on ever since. I took these between showers. :) I'm not complaining mind you, we were beginning to need some rain here. LOL

This is the FFO on Malaysian Marketplace which has just been planted this spring. Not bad for an FFO in a rainstorm!

FFO on Terry Lyninger also, but this ones been in my garden a couple of years and just keeps getting better. Lots of scapes and buds this year especially.

My first Munson to bloom so far this year. It's FFO was actually May 1, but I missed it. So it rewarded me with 2 blooms this morning. This is the better of the two.

This one was on my list to find a new home for since I had not been pleased with it's performance for the past couple of years, however, it must have read my mind cause it's really been putting on a show here. Started blooming on May 1st and has lots of scapes and blooms.

Hope you enjoyed my rain soaked blooms today. :)

Jan

Comments (17)

• nancykvb
    15 years ago

Beautiful! I love them all, Flamboyant Dancer looks like it was worth the wait. What a nice surprise for you.

Nancy VB

• gonegardening
    15 years ago

Yes, hehe, worth the wait! I like that Malaysian Marketplace. I may have to break down and add it. I have Peppermint Pinwheel....would love to see the two together to see how they differ. I think MM must be darker. Love the name.

Thanks, Jan!

• maximus7116
    15 years ago

Love that Malaysian Marketplace. And while the colors on Terry Lyninger aren't my cup of tea, that's one terrific photo.

Katie, I grow both MM and Peppermint Pinwheel, although I didn't get to see it bloom last year (its first year here). I'll make sure to post comparison pics this year.

• gonegardening
    15 years ago

Oh excellent, Chris! Thank you!

• newyorkrita
    15 years ago

Great pictures. Those daylilies really look great with the raindrops on them.

Malaysian Marketplace is looking very good. I have that one and its a favorite of mine. And I agree that you outdid yourself with the picture of Terry Lyninger, its just one gorgeous shot.

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes, Nancy, I think FD was worth the wait! :)

GG, I just won Peppermint Pinwheel this weekend on the LA. Guess our tastes are running along the same lines! LOL

Thanks Chris. TL was one of the first bonus plants I ever received from Maryott's and I've always loved it.

Rita, in fact, your photo of MM last year, is the reason I bought it and if this FFO is any indication, I'm gonna love it! :)

Thanks all,
    Jan

• Julia WV (6b)
    15 years ago

You are a true gardener :-) when you go out and take pics between rain showers. When it rains its a great time to view blooms so I can see which ones melt. Yours are holding really good.
    Really great pics. I saw MM several times and each time I was ready to buy but then I saw CARNIVAL IN BRAZIL so I snapped that one up. I think I'll end up going back and getting MM one day. FD is really bright and cheery.

Thanks for sharing.

Julia
    No rain here, so please send some our way.

• wildflower
    15 years ago

How exciting to have some blooms! I've just started seeing a few scapes here and there. I'm crazy about the Terry Lyninger.. Beautiful photo. Going to have to add that one to my wish list.

• katlynn719
    15 years ago

Jan, all are pretty, but I've gotta agree with everyone about Terry Lyninger - it's soooo perfect! Rainy day here, also - 2 inches worth and surely needed.
    Kathy

• MaxBaerHems
    15 years ago

Jan they are all flat out Purdy! Great Shots......MM is a real eye grabber. Thanks for sharing these beauties!

• baileycat
    15 years ago

Your a great photographer!
    I have MM arriving this week. I hope it will do well here in the north. I don't usually have good luck with most Salter's; but this was one I couldn't resist.

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks all, glad you're enjoying my photos, and believe me, it's not me that's good, it's my camera!! :)
    Hope to have more to post soon.
    Jan

• ladydonna
    15 years ago

Jan, very good pics! When you said "Blooms AFTER the rainstorm" I thought you were gonna post some nasty melted blooms....LOL But those are beautiful esp the first two.
    I went thru the same rainstorm you did yesterday and believe me mine didn't survive the wet! Ugh! But today we start over again! :-)

• fairysoapgirl
    15 years ago

Jan, fantastic photos. I am also not much for the colors of Terry Lyninger, but I have always been attracted to it because of the awesome pattern. You have really captured the beauty of that bloom! Thanks for sharing those beauties!

• blue23rose
    15 years ago

Love the eye on Terry Lyninger. Sometimes they don't show up very well, but that really caught my "eye".

Corelli looks very refreshing all drenched with raindrops!

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    15 years ago

A few blooms from today with no raindrops. :)
    Malaysian Marketplace had a perfect bloom today, it's 2nd to open. I'm loving this dl!

One I've had for years, Coral Masterpiece.

A not so great FFO on Talladega, but it was only planted in March, and the rainstorm yesterday morning might have affected the almost open bud. In any event, I'm hoping it improves a lot!

This little one always has great blooms and always blooms early for me.

Not the FFO on Royal Eventide, as I didn't get photos of it, but this is it's 2nd day of blooming.

And another early Munson with twins on it's FFO.

That's it for this thread, I'll start a new one with the next ones I post. :)
    Jan

• newyorkrita
    15 years ago

Malaysian Marketplace looks great and so does Coral Masterpiece. I did almost miss the added pictures on this thread, good thing you put in that reminder in todays pictures thread.