11 years ago

Newberry blue Eyes

{{gwi:710683}}

Nordic Night, I adore this one

{{gwi:710685}}

Russian Easter, a great daylily

Ruffled Apricot, an oldie, big & bright

Some seedlings, 1st is a couple of years old now

An older seedling too, I moved it last fall. Some of the seedlings are complaining about their move, but I think this one likes it here. BIG flower, & tall

{{gwi:710693}}

1st bloom on this one, big & bright. South Seas seedling if the tag is correct

{{gwi:710697}}

The lilies again. I like these, but the trouble is they are tall & upward facing so you really don't get a good effect. I think I need to plant them close to my deck where I can look over them

Comments (15)

• marricgardens
    11 years ago

Nordic Night is a beauty, it's my favorite folloed by Russian Easter. Marg

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    11 years ago

Okay first, GREAT pictures today! You've really got some glamor shots there! Newberry Blue Eyes, Nordic Night (yay! I just got this one!) and Russian Easter are my favorite named daylilies. Your seedlings are very pretty too. I like the white one, and the last dark colored one best. The orange one is nice too!

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Lovely lilies and seedlings. But I have to go with Russian Easter for my favorite. I agree, it is a great daylily.

• Nancy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Marg!
    You will like Nordic Night, brittie.
    Thanks Rita, I really enjoy Russian Easter.

• shive
    11 years ago

My favorite is that first near white seedling with the the three blooms. I also like the South Seas baby. Newberry Blue Eyes, Nordic Night and Russian Easter are great too!

Debra

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

Russian Easter is probably my favorite, follwed closely by South Seas. I like your seedlings too.....Maryl

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Really pretty. I really like the seedlings...not a bad one in the bunch! Nordic Night is a jewel. Newberry blue eu=yes is awfullry pretty too. Not a bad one in the bunch.
    kay

• Nancy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I really like that first white seedling too, Debra. It has multiplied nicely, & when it got hot last year it really started to twist & curl around. Rebloomed some too.
    Thanks Maryl & Kay!
    I'm going to keep an eye on the South Seas baby. Previous years the seedlings didn't look very good when they first opened, but this year's seedlings so far have opened nicely & looked good right off. I'm wondering how the next blooms will look.

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

I like your seedlings best--especially the first one and the South Seas baby. Russian Easter always looks good.
    Val

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

I like NEWBERRY BLUE EYES, AND NORDIC NIGHT. followed by the first sedlings

jean

• celeste/NH
    11 years ago

Wow, that South Seas seedling is wonderful. I love the color! Newberry Blue Eyes is looking lovely, and my favorite shot is the one of Nordic Night. I have it, but it is brand-new and I can't wait now that I see your photo. That is an outstanding color.
    Great seedlings too.

Celeste

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Russian Easter and Nordic Night are my two favorites out of more great blooms of yours.
    Linda

• penelope
    11 years ago

Hi Nancy,
    My Russian Easter is not open yet. You are still a little ahead of me. Always enjoy your pics.

Hope it rains for you today,
    Penny

• Nancy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone! Celeste, Nordic Night really is unbelievably lovely, you will like it. Penny, I sure hope it rains, we could sure use it. I started to water the plants last night, but decided to wait for the rain. I really should have watered to insure it would come. I've watered the ones that have been in most need of rain, the foliage was starting to yellow. Hopefully we will get rain, not the heavy storms that are possible.

• missylin
    11 years ago

Love the shape and colors of your first seedling at the top. t'he second seedling looks enormous. Wow! Everything is so pretty!