Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
One New One and some repeats+ Gardenia

Posted by Avedon 8a (My Page) on
Sat, May 5, 12 at 12:32

Just a few for today. Our Frost Proof gardenia did put out one bloom, it smells so good. Avedon

Photobucket

J. Carpenter reject crossed with Chance Encounter.

Photobucket

Golliwog Quads. The sun is backlighting the flowers.

Photobucket

Our second Buttered Popcorn, a better bloom than the first one

Photobucket

Siloam Double Classic popped out 11 blooms today.

Photobucket

Frost Proof gardenia bloom--can't wait for this to really get going.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: One New One and some repeats+ Gardenia

I wish I could sniff your gardenia myself but it sure looks like a beauty. That first daylily bloom is definately my favorite today.

o

I love the first daylily picture, too. its real pretty,and I love your S. Double Classice too. its gorgeous. My buttered popcorn dont have a scape yet. its slow.

jean

o

Love the color on the 1st daylily too. What a lot of blooms & still tons of buds on D. Classic.

o

Love all three, but the 1st is a real beauty. Your Gardenia is pretty, my whole yard smells like gardenia. My old shrub is getting ratty though, I may have to take it out and replace it with a cutting. sharon

o

I love the seedling! The Golliwog blooms look so pretty backlit by the sun.

o

I LOVE that seedling too. I still like GOLLIWOG and the multi blooms opening.
Gardenia.....if only I could grow it here.

Julia

o

Siloam Double Classic is quite the bloom machine I love it, your seedling also is a favorite. Don't you just love the gardenia's I have a few big bushes that were here when we bought the house and when they bloom the scent is spectacular.
Linda

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sun, May 6, 12 at 9:09

A friend of mine "kills" a new gardenia every year. It's our personal joke. They just don't do well for her - in ground or in pots - doesn't matter. I gave up trying a long time ago. What a shame. It's probably one of my favorite scents. Lucky you....SDC, with all those scapes and lovely pastel color is my favorite daylily picture of this group....Maryl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here