Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blackeyed Stella Clump + A Surprise

Posted by Avedon 8a (My Page) on
Mon, May 20, 13 at 12:44

Blackeye Stella was pumping out the flowers today, thought it would be nice to send a picture. Also, a really big second bloom on Wild Horses. The surprise is our recycled clock that has now become garden "art". We made it into a flower, and believe it or not, I saw a hummingbird hovering around it for a few seconds. Guess it decided it wouldn't be a good nectar source--LOL. Avedon

Blackeyed Stella Clump photo 100_2118.jpg

Blackeyed Stella Clump

Wild Horses 2nd flower open photo 100_2122.jpg

Wild Horses Second Flower Open

Our Metal Flower photo 100_2125.jpg

Our Metal "Flower" I had to take the picture this way or else the "petals" don't show up very well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blackeyed Stella Clump + A Surprise

Your stella clump is very pretty,(and big) very nice and the wild horses has a nice second bloom also.Very pretty daylily,and I do love your garden art, too.What a nice idea..guess the hummingbird thought anything that looks like that should have some nectar some where in it :))

jean

o

Nice pic of BLACK EYED STELLA. She is a blooming machine when she gets going.
I love the garden art. Very creative. So was the frame of the clock like that and you just painted or ?

Julia

o

Thank you Jean and Julia for your comments. The clock frame was black and the center was gold with the numbers and hands in black. I thought Watermelon Pink would be a nice color for the flower, and I used a pink gerbera daisy for my guide on how to paint the center. That was done with paint pens. My husband sprayed it with a clear polyurethane to protect it. Avedon

o

I love recycled garden art! I do that myself with things I don't want to part with....all it takes is a little creativity. Yours is so cute and what a great idea. I am sure the hummingbirds were attracted to that hot pink color! I know in my yard they are all over anything red or bright pink. Your daylily clump looks terrific. Just look at all those open blooms!
Wild Horses is very eyecatching too. Thanks for the enjoyable post.

Celeste

o

That is a nice clump of BE Stella! Love the garden art.

o

Very nice looking blooms and I love your garden art you sure have a great imagination.
Linda

o

An impressive clump of Black Eyed Stella! And your garden art if super fantstic. What a great and very creative idea. So pretty.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here