Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
yellow leaves on daylilies

Posted by gardenlady_grow 5 (My Page) on
Wed, May 23, 07 at 12:44

Need some help on my daylilies. The lower leaves are turning yellow on me and I'm not sure what is wrong. I've checked for any visible signs of pests or insects and don't see any. Other than yellowing there are no other signs of something wrong. Would appreciate all the help I can get. The name of the lily is Sombero Way. I hope this is the right forum correct me if its not, this is my first time posting a question and I'm really not good at computers either.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: yellow leaves on daylilies

It's normal for a few of the bottom leaves to yellow. It's not a disease, just normal aging. If it's more than just the bottom leaves, then there's a problem. HTH

o

Thanks for the info, Glad to hear it's normal. I have always loved daylilies and last year was my first time growing them. Now if I can only remember were I put those plant ID's of my other ones.

Kathy

o

A strong dose of fertilizer will make the lower couple of leaves yellow and die.

o

I did spread some plant tone fertilizer after I noticed the leaves turning yellow. Hope that was a good Idea? also in a near by flower bed new boxwoods were put in with some holytone when planted. I really don't think I used to much but then again I'm learning every day. Thanks for the help.

Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here