Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jean_ar

few more first blooms today.

jean_ar
9 years ago

Got up at 9 today and it was already good and hot out, but was still able to get several pictures.

Comments (14)

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    9 years ago

photo two.This one was sent to me by JAN who use to post on here regularly, but, hasn't been on here in a couple years, now.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    9 years ago

photo 3

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    9 years ago

photo 4 a couple lilies.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    9 years ago

and another lily, but, don't know the name of this one.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    9 years ago

a portulaca pot I planted about 2 weeks ago, growing nicely.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    9 years ago

one more photo. this is a petunia pot a daughter gave me for mother's day along with more pots of different flowers.

• shive
    9 years ago

Great daylily photos! I'm always a Wisest of Wizards fan. Your other flowers are looking pretty too!

Debra

• Nancy
    9 years ago

Nice photos Jean. Wisest of Wizards is always so dependable, one of my favorites here. Happy Face is really pretty.

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Everything is looking very pretty. that sun gets out early, doesn't it, Jean? I like Happy Face.

kay

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Debra.Wisest of Wizards surprised me today, as I wasn't expecting a bloom on it for a few more days.I was expecting Happy Face today , as it was starting to open just a little just before dark last night,when I went out to bring in my bird feeder. I have a little more expensive bird seed in my new feeder and I I leave it out, the raccoons tear the roof off it and scatter seeds all over the ground, after the nuts and big sunflower seeds in it,and I refuse to feed raccoons.I had thought it was squirrels after it,and I took it and hid it on the front porch, but the next morning the roof was took off and seeds scattered all over and I knew that was no squirrel doing that.just the nuts in the mix was gone.squirrels like the large sunflower seeds, too.and a squirrel would not have drug that heavy feeder that far either,and get the roof off it..
    NANCY;Thank you for looking and commenting, too
    KAY; yes that sun does get out early and gets very hot too,early.I know when july gets here it will be unbearably hot out.I don't handle heat very well, no more, but, don't like it real cold either.

jean

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

Love the bloom on HAPPY FACE. :-) Looks perfect. You have a lot blooming in your garden.

Julia

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you,JULIA. I'm waiting to get to see one of yours that I think is beautiful, cvant remember its name so good, bt is something like :"Derifield? its a red.When does yours start blooming?I love seeing every ones pretty blooms.

jean

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

Joan Derifield might be what your thinking of or possibly Maui Sunrise. Both are outstanding performers here.
    I think our bloom season will be pushed back a couple of weeks. I haven't seen any scapes but then again, I've been busy trying to keep the weeds down. Never ending chore.

Julia

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    9 years ago

yes, Julia, That's the one I am thinking of.I think its a beauty.course, you have lots of very pretty ones, but,I remember last year, that one really caught my eye.I love reds and purples, any way. well, to be truthful I love them all, but, just some more then others I guess.

jean

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting