Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Garden views.

newyorkrita
10 years ago

I love to relax in the backyard between garden chores.

Comments (16)

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The portulaces are growing well. I really love these little jewels of a flower.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Front yard has clematis and siberian iris blooming. House wrens have hatchlings in the slotbox nestbox.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

pretty siberian iris

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Pink Lemonade is only one of my honeysuckle vines.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

View from near the house to my driveway pot getto of veggie plants.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am so ambitious this year. Am growing so many different veggies in my driveway pots.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Looks inviting. I too like to sit in the yard and enjoy the garden and watch the birds. the blue bird babies have fledged...just in time too. I thought I was going to have to mortgage the house to buy mealy worms.

You Siberian Iris are gorgeous!

How funny. I have Portulaca growing in pots to replace the pansies in the front bed. Yours is really going to look good in that strip.

Your honeysuckle is lovely. Mine has some kind of mildew...again! I sprayed it today, but I am not very hopeful.

Your pot ghetto is interesting. And will be delicious, I'm sure.
    kay

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Well, Rita, once again I have been good and done all the housework, so now I get my reward--looking at everyone's beautiful pictures. These are all lovely, makes me want to be there enjoying your wonderful garden. I love the honeysuckle, can't remember if this one is fragrant. Though we don't grow honeysuckle, the woods here are full of the old Hall's honeysuckle and we almost swoon with the scent when they are in bloom. Keep the pictures coming, I'll definitely be looking. Avedon

• mizellie
    10 years ago

Rita, sitting in the garden in the heat/cool of the day is my kind of relaxation. Especially if there's some blooms somewhere that you can smell. I think your veggie pots are very cool and I can't wait to see how they do this year. I love the Siberian Iris. I have a similiar one but mine is a seedling from years ago. I have a white still blooming and a blue one but mostly, they are done......

Avedon, the halls honeysuckle is prolific here..invasive.even.
    I have Pink Lemonade, Alabama Crimson, Flame and to hybrid yellows that I don't know their names. I also have a purple that is only purple leafed with yellow blooms..yuk! I'm cutting that one down. I hate it when I buy something and it isn't what I expected.

Ellie

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

I cant imagine people likeing honeysuckle, but,I guess there is all kinds of it. They have some here if you every get it anywhere in your yard anywhere.it runs rampart, and I have even sprayed it with round up and not kill it.Got to get the round up for bushes and trees to kill it,and then might not do it.your portulaca is looking really nice.Looks like a very nice place to relax,and watch the birds,and just look at the plants

jean

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

I enjoy the little tours around your yard. I feel like I've been there in person from all your photos. I like the way your yard is terraced and as I've said before, you garden very similiar to me in that you utilize all available space and methods. The iris are stunning!

Celeste

• houstmag
    10 years ago

If I had your garden I would spend a lot of time relaxing in it to though I'd probably spend more time relaxing than working. I love the color on your iris, blue is my favorite flower color, if only it came in DL's.
    Linda

• Nancy
    10 years ago

A lovely place to relax Rita!

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everone. I am waiting for scapes. Meantime the TB iris are blooming.

• jaco42
    10 years ago

Rita, your garden is absolutely breathtaking. If you ever come home and find a strange man sitting in the middle of it, just stareing and absorbing it, it will be me. Your pictures over the last few years have been a true inspiration for me. Thank you for sharing.

Jack

PS was kidding about invading your garden,

• shive
    10 years ago

Rita - Your gardens are truly inspirational. I enjoyed today's tour. My favorite photo was of the gorgeous Siberian irises.

Debra