Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Season Roaring On...Mother's Day Blooms

organic_kitten
11 years ago

Here is Clown Parade acting a little better:

A new one for me FFO on Emerald Starburst: A very dramatic bloom, and darn good for an FFO:

I Wanna Piranna is new for me this year, and this second bloom is much better bloom:

Cosmic Kaleidescope is fairy decent but not great:

This is a NOID...

And Renie's Delight Triple play:

And Happy Mother's Day to all moms:

kay

Comments (14)

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

wow, second one is a bright one.Pretty color.They are all just gorgeous, but, my favorite one is CLOWNS PARADE.
    Happy Mother's day;

Jean

• Nancy
    11 years ago

Another wonderful group of daylilies, I like all of them! Clown Parade is my personal favorite & that clump is just outstanding. Love Emerald Starburst & I Wanna Piranna to.

• shive
    11 years ago

Clown's Parade is marching along for Mother's Day. I really like that Noid, and I still think it looks like a Carpenter.

Debra

• Nancy Barginear
    11 years ago

I am most intrigued (today) by EMERALD STARBURST!

Nancy

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

It's a rainy day for you on Mother's Day. I have a friend in NE Alabama and she posted that they have had quite a bit of rain. I have always wondered about Emerald Starburst. It reminds me of Rose F. Kennedy, but the price of ES seemed to be more reasonable. I really like this one, it's a very good pictures. Avedon

• anniegolden
    11 years ago

Do you think of your daylilies as either 'he' or 'she'? Emerald Starbust is definitely a 'he'. Very beautiful.
    Christine

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

IWANNA PIRANHA is quite toothy, eh? Reminds me of STARTLE. Very nice with the raindrops. Love the big green throat on EMERALD STARBURST. But you know, I love CLOWN PARADE.

Julia

• sann777
    11 years ago

I love Clown Parade and my next favorite is Renie's Delight. It has rained all last night and all day today in N. Ga. It is suppose to rain tomorrow too. We really need the rain though. Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day. I had both my grown sons at church this morning. Squire Parsons was our special guest singer. I've enjoyed the day!! Sarah

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

KAY: You are soo right about the Season roaring on. Everything is blooming so fast now.it will be over before we know it,and I dont want it to end.I love walking out and looking at all these eautiful blooms. I just love your CLOWNS PARADE clump.its so pretty. and that second photo is gorgeous coloring, not crazy about the form abut I love the colors.OOPS

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am glad you all enjoyed them. I have so many blooming that I post only a tiny number of them...there were over 100 photos today without duplicates, so you can se it takes some deciding.

Jean, that second one is half of my retirement present to myself...and Avedon, the other half was Rose F Kennedy. I bought them from the hybridizer on a half price sale last fall. Emerald Starburst has put on a scond fan, but RFK hasn't which is why I pinched off RFKs scape.

Clown Parade is going to have to be divided a bit to get its glorious bouquet type blooms. It does look pretty good today.
    NGraham, as I said I Wanna Piranna is new also. I can tell I am going to really like it.

All of you who liked Emerald Starburst, it is very different from anything I have which is why I bought it...Christine, I do refer to some of them as he and she...hadn't thought of ES as a he, but not as a she either.

Debra, it is very likely to be a Carpenter since I tend very much to be drawn to his...but I cannot remember which one it might be.

Of course, I tried to get several pretty showy ones to go with Emerald Starburst since it is showy.

Sounds like a good day, Sarah. I have always liked the look of Startle, Julia, but haven't had it. I seem to be attracted to the toothy ones lately...funny since I never cared for the "chicken fat" look.

We have had a good bit of rain again (over 2inches). Our weatherman keeps saying a wet May is inconvenient but will be very helpful to hold down heat this summer with the deep soil moisture...I hop he's right. Couldn't Livehead tonight since it was raining pretty hard at the time. Ah well. Thank you all for looking at my pretties and commenting.
    kay

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

So many nice ones, but Emerald Starburst is the one that really grabs me.
    Val

• mizellie
    11 years ago

Your daylilies are really off to a good start. Clown Parade is a beauty and I think I will have to get that one. Nice photo's of all of them...Ellie

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Clown Parade sure has a lot of blooms, it's gorgeous and I also really like your Noid I'm a sucker for those colors, all in all a great bunch of blooms.
    Linda

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Gosh, the NO ID is my favorite!